Chapter 6

Family means nothing to her species

All they know is how to torture

But she found Family in us

And I thought she would stay forever

I tried getting up but Rorhena's hand on my chest prevented me from doing so.

"How long have I been asleep?

-Two hours."

Rorhena was staring at me in silence and I started feeling uncomfortable under her gaze. She was looking at me as if she knew what I had seen while I was out. But what had I seen anyway? Those images of Rorhena didn't make any sense. Could so many images have been made by my imagination? But what other explanation could there be? No matter the answer, I knew that I couldn't tell Rorhena about this. I had a huge headache and fainted because of the pain. Anything could have happened and I should forget about it.

I looked around the room and frowned:

"Where is Lenora?"

I knew that my friend wouldn't have left me alone knowing that I was hurt and Rorhena must have thrown her out.

"The doctor said you should rest for a few days."

I rolled my eyes. Rorhena only answered when she wanted to.

"It was only a headache. It happens sometimes."

Rorhena's hand suddenly felt my forehead and I tried escaping it:

"You were always prone to headaches.

-Don't touch me.

-But the weather didn't suddenly change."

I frowned having completely forgotten about Rorhena's hand. How did she know that my head hurt at every weather change? I thought it was weird for a second but then I remembered that it was quite normal for people to have this so I just moved on.

"Don't talk as if you knew me."

I tried getting up again and this time Rorhena let me go.

"Where is Lenora?"

Rorhena didn't answer and just continued staring.

"I want to see my friend."

She stared at me for a few more seconds but I didn't look away and she finished by sighing. She rang a bell and the next second the doors opened and Lenora ran to my bed with red eyes:

"Sela! I was so worried! How are you? What are you doing sitting? The doctor said you should rest for a few days.

-It's only a headache. I feel way better already."

But Lenora quickly shook her head:

"You have to stay in bed until the doctor says you are fine.

-Why wouldn't I be fine? It was just a headache."

I argued for long minutes but the girls weren't yielding so I had to agree that I would stay in bed for a few days. I still didn't understand why I should rest and felt that Rorhena played a role in this but was getting tired just because of this conversation alone.

"While you are in bed, Prince Soma will gladly take Lenora to the best places in town."

Lenora seemed very interested by the idea of spending time alone with her crush but after a second of hesitation she shook her head:

"I am very honored, your Highness. But I would prefer to stay by Sela's side until she is better.

-What could you possibly do to help her? You would only be a disturbance.