Chapter 13

God of the Gods, High and Almighty

He is the beginning and is all Eternity

He doesn't fear anyone except for his Prodigy

Unthreatened is the throne of the Almighty

The Torch only one person can carry

It is her choice what is her Destiny

My heart wanted to jump out of my chest. I was so shaken that I lost all my words. Rorhena didn't say anything either and just continued staring at my face seriously. She slightly opened her mouth and bent closer to my face. I couldn't calm my breathing down and it felt as if Rorhena was sucking out each and every one of my breaths.

Had it been half an hour? Two minutes? I had no idea but I finally got back to my senses and tried getting out from under Rorhena. The latter immediately blocked my way with her arm against the wall. I followed her arm and looked back at her face.

"Where do you think you are going? You didn't win our match.

-I... Let me go.

-I finally found you. How could I let you go?

-Rorhena...

-You know I won't change my mind."

I pinched my lips. Rorhena looked down at them before lifting her eyes back up:

"We can talk later. You have to get treated first."

I clenched my fists:

"It doesn't hurt."

Rorhena didn't care about my answer and grabbed my wrist before pulling me after her. I tried pulling my hand out but had no strength left in my body.

"Do you want me to carry you?

-Don't you dare!"

Rorhena nodded before resuming walking. As we walked up the stairs, Lenora ran down towards us, worried:

"Sela! Are you okay? Oh my God! Did you get hurt?"

She tried touching me but Rorhena pushed her back without mercy. Lenora almost flew down the stairs. The only thing preventing her from doing so was a sudden newcomer catching her before. He surrounded her waist with his arm, a mischievous smile displayed on his face.

"It seems I arrived just in time."

I didn't think that Lenora's eyes could get even rounder:

"Prince Soma?"

Seeing her brother, Rorhena rolled her eyes and went back to pulling me towards the infirmary. Prince Soma and Lenora both followed us from up close:

"Are you not happy to see me, my dear sister?"

Rorhena didn't answer. It was obvious that she wasn't.

"Don't be like that. Do you know how hard it was to get here? At first I thought that you not letting anyone from the family close to your sweetheart was a simple exaggeration. But it seems I was wrong.

-What's your point?"

Rorhena's voice was ice cold.

"Could you have this conversation when I'm not being dragged away somewhere?"

Prince Soma looked down at me:

"I am sorry, where are my manners? I would love to continue this lovely conversation in more comfortable conditions.

-Say that to your sister. She is going to break my arm!"

Rorhena immediately held me less tightly. However she still didn't let go and didn't walk any slower either. Fortunately we reached the infirmary quickly. Rorhena slammed the door immediately behind me. Soma stopped it with a more pissed off smile:

"Calm down, sister. I almost lost my nose here.

-You should be grateful. That would just make your face more watchable.

-Don't be jealous sister. Everyone knows that you aren't the beauty of the family.

-And is that supposed to be you?

-Could you stop fighting for three seconds?"

Everyone was surprised by Lenora's scream.

"Sela is hurt and here you are jabbering nonstop. She needs to rest."

No one could contradict her. She was right. Thank you Lenora. You were so adorable.

Prince Soma bowed down:

"I would like to sincerely apologize, Madame. I will take my leave for now. May we meet again this evening?

-Why would she meet you?"

Seeing me rub my forehead made Rorhena sight:

"See you at dinner."

Soma's face lit up and he finally left. Lenora obviously wanted to stay but Rorhena grabbed her by the arm and threw her out. I immediately jumped up:

"What are you doing?"

Rorhena pushed me back down by the shoulder. She of course didn't give any explanation and started looking for disinfectant. While she was doing so, I could hear Lenora knocking on the door.

"Why would you lock my best friend out?"

Rorhena sat down on a chair in front of me. She looked me straight in the eyes, making sure that I understood:

"I am your best friend. You don't need her.

-You are not. It was a long time ago. Way too long. It's time for you to move on."

A glimmer passed in front of her eyes:

"How could I possibly do that?

-I...

-Think about what you just asked me. The last time I saw you, you were... You were covered in blood, Vindona! Do you know how that made me feel?"

I straightened up so quickly that Rorhena's head did move back a bit.

"And whose fault is that? I didn't want to die! Why does it sound like I'm in the wrong?

-I'm sorry... I just..."

She tried touching my face but I turned my head away:

"Vindona...

-Stop calling me that.

-I understand that you are mad. You have every right to be. I am terribly sorry."

She had apologized before but that was before I remembered everything. I couldn't help feeling goosebumps at her words. I hated the effect she had on me.

"I am going to do everything it takes to make you forgive me. You can hate me all you want. You can take all the time you need. But I won't give up.

-I don't want to forgive you."

She didn't answer and started treating my wounds.

"Did you hear me? I want to leave this place. I don't want to ever see you again. Or your family for that matter."

Still no answer.

"Rorhena!

-Yes?

-Are you even listening?

-Of course I am.

-Then let me go!

-If you don't want to see them then you don't have to. I'll let Soma know that tonight's dinner is canceled.

-You always do that! Stop only hearing what you want."

Rorhena smiled:

"You know me so well."