Chapter 12

Fear the Goddess of Victory

Her blood is stone icy

Her eyes calculating your soul

She never forgets her goal

Her help is a mystery

Better not to be her enemy

Fear the Goddess of Victory

Despite wanting to jump on her and immediately attack her, I did my best to breathe. Rorhena knew what she was doing. She was trying to make things longer and longer to force me to make a mistake. I wouldn't fall into her trap. I breathed in slowly and blocked my breathing before exhaling. While doing so I blocked my breathing two more times before emptying my lungs completely. I did that exercise three more times before finally lunging forward.

Rorhena didn't dodge at all. Quite the opposite actually. She stepped towards me and with the back of her hand she deflected my blade. This made my whole body follow that direction and I fell right into Rorhena's arms. She surrounded me of them and pulled me very close to her chest before whispering into my ear:

"I didn't know that you were this excited to see me."

I immediately pushed her back. I took advantage of our distance to kick her behind the knees. Rorhena didn't even budge. She grabbed my raised leg and pulled me closer. She held my thigh up and her other hand found its place around my waist:

"I missed this so much.

-You!"

Her face was very close to mine. I could feel her heartbeat through her clothes. It was beating very loudly.

"Let me go!"

I pushed her shoulders back with all my strength. Rorhena immediately let go and raised her hands in a sign of peace.

"I'm sorry, I must have misunderstood human traditions. Isn't this what reunited friends usually do here? Embrace each other?"

Seeing Rorhena's annoying smile made me see red.

"We are not friends.

-You're right. We are so much more than that.

-We are nothing! You... You mean nothing to me.

-How could you say that, Vindona? After everything we've been through... I thought we trusted each other.

-You!"

My movements didn't make any sense at this point. I didn't care about Rorhena finding out the truth. I didn't care about winning. All I cared about was hitting her. How dare she say that we trusted each other? How dare she talk about friendship? Best friends my ass! I was going to make her eat her own sword!

I didn't even use my blade anymore and tried hitting Rorhena on the head with the pommel. She grabbed my wrist and that made things even worse. My mind was screaming at me to calm down but my blood was way too warm at that point.

"Vindona... It's my first time seeing you this angry. I like it.

-Shut up!"

My sword being immobilized, I headbutted her. We both got surprised by my action and Rorhena finally let me go. I didn't pay attention to the blood flowing down her face and struck again. Rorhena blocked all my strikes but they didn't stop coming. I didn't even realize that the sword wasn't in my hands anymore and continued hitting Rorhena in the chest again and again. Rorhena gave up on blocking my hands and let me hit her to my heart's desire.