Chapter 5

Sweat pearling down her temple

Eyes piercing through the enemy

Her sword still seemed gentle

As she was piercing it through me

I didn't have time to calm down from that strange dream that I saw from the corner of my eye, a silhouette. I immediately screamed and threw the closest thing to me, a pillow. The silhouette let the pillow hit her without moving an inch and seeing that I was awake she uncrossed her arms. Once calmed down I looked back and noticed that the person who had given me a heart attack was none other than Rorhena.

"What are you doing here?

-I thought that you would have left.

-So what? Did you stare at me the whole night?

-Would that disturb you?

-Of course it would! Who would be fine with it?"

She shrugged nonchalantly:

"I arrived only a few minutes ago.

-Don't come into my room when I am sleeping."

She didn't answer and stared at me a few seconds before asking something completely else:

"Did you have a dream?"

I froze thinking back to my dream. It was a very weird dream. Way more realistic than any other dream I could have ever had.

"No."

I didn't want to answer her question but most of all, I wanted to keep this dream for myself. My body had gone completely relaxed and waking up I still felt light and happy. I would think back to that dream every time I felt sad or stressed and it felt wrong telling someone else about it.

"I see."

Rorhena sounded disappointed but didn't say more and turned around:

"Breakfast will be served in half an hour. Come down after getting ready.

-Why would I have breakfast with you?"

Rorhena was already gone and I sighed. Would she make another fireplace explode if I didn't show up? I did have to eat after all. Therefore I took out a dress from my luggage and went to Lenora's room. The latter took advantage of the situation and put on the biggest and most luxurious dress she could have found in her room. When I opened the door she immediately ran up to me and started twirling with a smile:

"What do you think?

-You look amazing.

-I would love to wear dresses like these every day.

-I felt weird using something the Crown Princess gave me after everything that had happened but I agree they are pretty.

-She is your Goddess bestie. You can accept her gifts."

I laughed:

"Maybe I should ask my Goddess bestie for a bit of money.

-We should take advantage of the situation as much as we can. I wonder when she is going to introduce us to the Prince. Do you think he will be at breakfast?

-Wouldn't it be weird for the royal family to have breakfast with us?

-You are right. This is for the best. I would probably make a stupid mistake in front of them."

I shrugged:

"They are just humans like us. I yelled at the Crown Princess and made openly fun of her but am still alive. I don't think anything else is going to scare me anymore.