🎉Moon-Soaked Flowers🎉

WARNINGS

FOR THE TIME BEING NO PARAGRAPH BREAKS I WILL EVENTUALLY GO IN AND ADD THEM BUT FOR NOW I JUSTED WANTED TO PUBLISH IT

this is a 6k sooo likeeee yeahhhhh read when time allows it :) don't force yourself

All of these plants mentioned are real! I recommend Googling them because you don't really get the eerie midnight vibe of the HoL without the actual looks.
Also, YES, I do know these plants all grow in many different places around the world. It's fanfic magic. Also, forget the fact that flowers need the sun to grow. That's no longer relevant. We don't question it. It's Hell. It does whatever it wants. Enjoy :)

On the night of a full moon, the Devildom always becomes a little brighter. Especially at midnight when the moon is highest, and the world is doused in liquid light.
On these nights, you always liked to go out and stray along in the gardens outside the House of Lamentation.
You never knew who kept the gardens so pristine, and yet you seemed to appreciate the person for their efforts without even knowing them.
The garden held a sense of calm as the moonlight washed over the tacca chantrieri and monotropa uniflora (aka ghost flowers.)
Black roses danced in the steady wind, your fingers running gently over the delicate petals. The black elephant ears and wolfsbane went well with them.
Devil's Walking Stick stuck up in the oddest places, sometimes scratching your skin as you went to touch a shameplant, white baneberry or a dying snapdragon.
Even lovely witch hazel was illuminated and bathed in the milky glow of midnight.
You casually strolled along, sometimes sitting in a nice patch of moss to stare up at the sky. These times were like your more peaceful moments in Hell.
The atmosphere always seemed to change on nights like this, making the gloomy air feel lighter and more playful.
It didn't matter how low you felt, you could step out into the gardens and you would feel your spirits lift.
It was your sanctuary.
This day was no different.
You'd had a very stressful time at school, the teachers hovering over you and pressing you on things you didn't know how to do.
Then there was the fact Lucifer had gotten onto you afterwards about the fact that you'd fallen asleep in class that day because you'd spent the night before studying (more like cramming) for a test that you think you probably failed.
You sighed as you walked through the rows of roses, pressure being released from you as you took in the sweet scents.
You settled down on a soft patch of moss, laying down on the ground, hands behind your head. You looked up at the starlit sky and smiled.
This was peace. This was solitude.
A few minutes later you heard the sound of the metal gate opening.
You jolted up from your spot.
The first thing you saw was pink.
Asmo.
Because for some reason he's the ONLY person in all of hell that has naturally weird pink hair. Literally the only one.
"MC? What are you doing out here?"
"Ah.. um.. yeah, so I was like.. ooo snazzy plants.. they uh, produce oxygen.. and so I was kinda like oh, yipee! Breathing..! C-Cause t-that's fun. And.. um.. yeah. Please don't tell Lucifer.."
Technically speaking, you were supposed to be asleep right now and were under no circumstances supposed to be wandering around outside by yourself.
"I won't," he giggled, "You have a leaf in your hair."
You brushed it out and watched it fall, "So what are you doing out here? I haven't seen you out here before."
"You've been out here by yourself before now? MC.."
"Oh for God's sake Asmo.. you go out clubbing wayyyy past the time you're supposed to be out. Besides, I'm still on property grounds. It's against the law for someone to come here who's not allowed."
"You do realize that demons in Hell don't really pay attention to the law right? Also, even if I go out clubbing I don't have a soul for someone to steal so I'm not in any danger," Asmo said crossing his arms, "And clubbing is a necessity for me. If I didn't go, my fans would think I abandoned them!"
He seemed to get teary-eyed at just the thought.
You rolled your eyes, "Oh, wow! How horrible.. a moment to spend with family wasted on idiotic, judgemental whores whose only life ambition is to get into the sheets with you. Man, it must really suck having people who care about you for better reasons that to touch your body."
"Hmph. Well, at least I don't have bedhead."
You felt a red wave of blush overwhelmed your cheeks, "Well.. at least I'm not liked just by my looks. At least I have other redeeming qualities!"
Asmo snorted, "Like what? Being an annoyance certainly isn't redeeming but it is a quality."
"How dare you!"
Asmo smiled harshly, "Just because I made a pact with you doesn't mean I'll bend over backwards to please you, darling. Now, do you mind leaving my garden?"
"Wait.. you're garden? Wait- you planted this? No-dirt-or-dust-Asmo? All of this? Like everything?"
He cocked his head to the side, "Of course I did. Nobody else in this house would care about the aesthetics of this place. As for the dirt, there are such things as gloves and a nice bath."
"I-I didn't know you planted it.. I never would've.. I.."
"Why are you looking at me like that? I know my face is truly a beauty to gaze upon but I'm quite aggravated with you so please don't act all cutesy with me. My time is precious."
You felt stunned. Surely he didn't..? I mean, he gets one speck of dirt on him and freaks out.. how on earth could a man like that plant hundreds of plants?
You shrugged off the burning questions, pushing them towards the corner of your mind where you stored things never to be asked.
"Alright. I'll go," you sighed, "Goodnight, Asmo."
He nodded and walked past you and into the flowery abyss.