2: This Kid Needs Help

Aizawa woke up with a yawn, slightly panicking before he remembered what happened. 'Right, I'm a cat.'

After a couple of much needed stretches, he padded out of the building. Judging by the height of the sun, it was around 9 am. Since no one was in the area looking for him, he presumed Nezu wasn't able to magically find him. It was a foolish hope, but Aizawa was tired and wanted coffee.

Directions were hard, he found. As a cat, he was somewhat slower, though that mainly due to him being unable to run or trot in this form yet, and his legs were easily tired. You'd think that more legs would spread out the energy, but apparently not. Especially since he was still adapting to this body.

He was getting the hang of trotting and leaping short distances when he finally arrived at a familiar building. Aldera Jr High.

It was a well-known and highly praised school. With this landmark, Aizawa finally knew where he was. Another glance at the sky told him it was around 4 pm already and he resisted the urge to sigh.

He was about to head off again to UA when he heard explosions. Not large-scale villain attack ones, but smaller concentrated ones, sounding almost like violent flashbangs. And they were coming from inside the school grounds.

Aizawa's hero instincts told him to check out the commotion even if he was cat and wouldn't be of much use, especially as he was only just getting the hang of his new legs.

There. He spotted five people. What he saw was making his hair- no, his fur begin to rise. Literally. There was a green haired kid on the ground shaking. His uniform was singed on both shoulders and his chest where the beginnings of a second-degree burn was just shining though.

Above him stood an angry blonde boy with sharp red eyes. Small explosions popped off his hands. Must be his quirk. The other three kids were standing behind the blonde, him obviously being the leader, as they laughed and Aizawa realized he could hear them clearly from this distance thanks to his new senses.

"Worthless freak, no way they would even want you."

"Just give up being a hero already."

"UA would never accept someone like you."

Aizawa perked at the mention of his school. What did that kid mean exactly? UA was open for all kids and Nezu very clearly had rules against discrimination. While quirk discrimination was unfortunately nothing new, and Aizawa's mind told him to brush off the kid's words as simple bullying, his gut told him there was more. And then there was the answer.

"A quirkless Deku like you can't be worth anything."

The hero-cat bristled and was debating charging in to help this kid. His hero reflexes begged him to, but he knew that as a cat, even with claws and fangs, he wouldn't help at all. Mainly due to the fact that he was only just getting used to his feline body.

"I know a way you can become a hero..."

Aizawa watched the green-haired kid look back up at the blonde. The hero expected the kid to look fearful or confused, he was a victim here, but instead the kid looked so done with life. He remined Aizawa of himself. But his concern for the kid only grew as his blood ran cold when the bully finished his sentence.

"...take a swan dive off the roof and pray for a quirk in your next life."

Now Aizawa was rushing forward, but by the time he arrived on clumsy legs, the bully and his lackeys were already several meters away, laughing.

He begins to make a hissing sound before abruptly freezing. Did he seriously just hiss. That was new. The hero shook off his anger as best he could so that he could look over the kid.

The green-haired middle schooler sighed and stood up slowly, wobbling a bit before straightening. Aizawa watched in concern as the kid just calmly looked over his new wounds before sighing once more.

"Stupid Pomeranian."