10: Adoption?!

(Double Update, make sure to read the previous chapter!)

"Huh? Wait- What?!"

Aizawa chuckled to himself at the kid's reaction. Izuku was staring up at him with wide eyes and a small smile began to form on his lips.

"Problem child", Aizawa paused and sighed, "You aren't taken care of at home which we as heroes should handle and I know you are going to be in UA which requires a guardian..." The hero watched as the kid's eyes brimmed with tears, wide and starry-eyed.

"... the biggest part is that my husband and I have been wanting a kid for a while now, but a civilian kid would probably be dangerous as we are both heroes. It's only logical."

Aizawa wasn't good with emotions if he was being honest, so he was making some excuses to hide that the biggest reason was because he wanted this kid. He cared for Izuku and wanted to keep him safe and happy.

There was only a moment of silence before Izuku collided into the hero with an embrace and tears flowing. A weak voice piped up after he calmed down a bit and sniffled, "you- you want me?"

A soft smile spread on Aizawa's face, somehow the kid saw right through him again. The only other person who can do that is Zashi. "Kid, Izuku, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't mean it."

A small laugh came from the kid, muffled by the hero's scarf. "In that case... then yes, yes I would... I accept."

Nezu placed down his tea with a small clink, making the vigilante and hero turn slightly to look at him. With a clap of his paws, the principal smiled, "Wonderful, I already have the papers ready at my desk and a case on Midoriya Inko ready to hand in."

Aizawa shivered slightly, his boss worked fast, or more like, he knew what was going to happen. It wouldn't be a stretch to say Nezu began to prepare all of this the very day Izuku revealed himself.

With one last sniffle, Izuku pulled away and looked back at Nezu. "I also have some evidence back at home, I will send them over tonight after patrol."

Both adults gave him a look, Aizawa hoping he was more intimidating now that he wasn't a cat. But alas, the kid gave a small laugh, "What? There is still..." He pulled out his phone," about 3 hours until I normally get home, plenty of time."

Aizawa sighed. This kid. "Problem Child, you need to go home and sleep. Even I usually sleep more than you have been and that's saying something."

The argument continued until they came to an agreement. Grumbling, Aizawa leapt across rooftops, getting used to being back in his regular body again. As he landed, he stumbled a step forward and sighed.

Behind him, the kid giggled softly, hand covering his mask as though it would help block the sound. Why the hell did I agree to this?

In the end, Izuku convinced them to patrol while giving Aizawa time to readjust and to make sure he was safe. Plus, he would make the kid sleep in tomorrow. With the case to get him out of Inko's care and into Aizawa's and it being a Saturday, Aizawa threatened the kid to sleep, or else he would steal the coffee maker.

The rest of the night was uneventful, a few villains here and there, but nothing they couldn't handle, especially as a team.

By the time Aizawa showed up to Izuku's apartment with Nezu and detective Tsukauchi in tow the next morning, the kid was still thankfully asleep. His mother came with them quietly while he woke the kid up.

Together, they packed up his things and headed out to Aizawa's house. It might have been hypocritical, but Aizawa didn't sleep a wink after patrol last night. Hizashi was informed about the situation days ago and Aizawa had visited him as a cat a few times, but they ended up marathoning a movie series when he returned home last night, human once more, and then worked on Izuku's case afterwards.

Aizawa also prepared Izuku's room. He had two jobs and his husband had three which basically meant they had a ton of money, so of course they had a perfectly good room and even a spare twin-sized bed ready for the night. They arrived in the driveway and got out. Izuku stared in shock up at the house as reality set in, smiling and teary-eyed.

Aizawa turned to th- to his kid and smiled, ruffling his fluffy green curls fondly before ushering him in the front door.

"Welcome home problem child."

~ ~ ~

A/N: I was originally going to end on this chapter, but I'm going to do a few more because I can (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧