14: Letter

A week later, the exam scores were finished calculating and being prepared to be sent out. Being a teacher and one of the people in charge of these letters was usually something he hated every year. He still did hate it this year, but it came with one perk this time around.

Izuku said he wanted to wait for his latter to come like everyone else, but Aizawa knew the anxiety was killing him. So the hero ended up making sure Izuku's letter was finished and sent out before any others were. And by that, he meant he took the letter home instead of the post office. It would be a waste of time and money, no matter how little.

When Aizawa arrive home, he found Izuku sitting on the couch and playing with all three of their cats. Boots, a brown tabby cat with white paws, Biscuit, the youngest, a beautiful calico, and Puffin, their old tuxedo cat.

"Problem child, come here for a moment."

"Give me a minute dad."

"Oh, then I guess you don't want this letter that just came in."

Aizawa snickered as Izuku instantly jumped up, sending the cats jumping away in surprise before rushing over, eyes gleaming. "You could have led with that."

He rolled his eyes while his kid took the letter and ran to the stairs, calling up for Hizashi to come down to open the letter.

After the three of them swiftly sat down at their kitchen table, Hizashi was unable to sit still while Aizawa just leaned back as he knew the scores already, while Izuku ripped open the letter. A bit violent but ok.

A small metal disk landed on the table and a projection of Nezu came up.

"Izuku, how wonderful it was to see you in action during the exam. This year, All Might was supposed to do all projections for the students, but I based on your history, I thought you'd be much happier to see me instead. Now" Nezu clapped his paws together. "onto business. You, Aizawa Izuku, placed top in both the written and practical portions of the exam! However, that is not all. You have broken records for both! With a never seen perfect score on the written test and a total of 126 points in the practical with a combination of 84 rescue points and 42 villain points. This, of course, means you will be in Class 1-A Heroics! Welcome to your hero academia."

Throughout the whole speech, Izuku was obviously on an emotional roller coaster. The mention of All Might not doing his projection made him laugh before he tensed, and then he started crying, jaw dropped in shock. The same could be said for Zashi.

As soon as the projection turned off, Izuku jumped up and ran around the table where both him and Zashi quickly got up and caught their kid in a group hug. Izuku was mumbling something they didn't catch but then he broke away and began to speak clearly.

"I- I did it! I really did it! Ha! Take that Bitch Might!"

The two heroes stared at Izuku in shock who just froze when realizing what he just said. Aizawa couldn't help but let out a snort as he tried to hold in his laughter. Zashi, who had been informed of the situation by Aizawa via ranting, also tried to hold back his laughter. Except he failed.

Soon, all three calmed down their laughter after Izuku had joined. The moment of silence later was broken by Izuku.

"Can we bake a cake for dinner?"

Hizashi's eyes gleamed and Aizawa had to quickly step in. "No, problem child, Zashi, we can't just-"

"Come on Shouuu. We need to celebrate!"

He was about to shut his husband down when Izuku rushed forward and hugged him before looking up with a pout. "Please Dad? Just this once." Hizashi laid his head on Aizawa's shoulder and was also giving him a similar look.

'Damnit, not the puppy eyes'

There was a moment of silence where Aizawa questioned his life before letting out a long sigh. "Ughhh, fine. But that means tomorrow, we won't hav-"

And neither of them were listening. As soon as he gave approval, they squealed like children and rushed off to the kitchen in excitement. Another sigh left his lips as he went to make sure they didn't burn down the house.

Aizawa leaned against the archway to the kitchen, simply watching as Zashi and Izuku happily gathered the ingredients and supplies while discussing what kind of cake to make. He instinctively tilted his head down a bit when he smiled at the scene in front of him.

It had taken a while, but Izuku was finally acting more his age and as much as Aizawa disliked children, especially teenagers, his problem child was an exception. Izuku deserved to regain some of his childhood, and both he and Zashi would make sure it happened.

Even if it meant having a cake for dinner.  

~ ~ ~

A/N: One more chapter left o(╥﹏╥)o
As much as I would love to write more for this, I want to focus on other things and I already added more to this story than originally planned to. Hope you guys have enjoyed this, see you in the next chapter!