9: Eraserhead

3 days can go by quick, Aizawa realized. They hadn't visited Nezu since the night where Aizawa revealed himself to the kid, but they had gone on patrol every night. Izuku was stubborn and refused to take a night off, so the least he could do was make sure the kid was safe.

Well as safe as a vigilante could be.

When day 3 finally came, the two of them honestly didn't think, or talk, about it much. The only thing the kid had told him was that they would be heading out for UA around 10 pm, earlier than usual for his vigilante times.

School was normal and thankfully Aizawa didn't have to scratch anymore kids seeing as they left Izuku mostly alone. A few bruises and cuts were present, but the problem child never brought them up, only slapped some bandages on and continued with his day. When he got the chance, Aizawa was going to change that.

But now here they were, the gates of UA at nearly 11 at night.

"Alright Catzawa, I'll be with Nezu, see you there." Aizawa rolled his eyes at the nickname. The kid had come up with it after discovering his identity and called him it in order to 'not raise suspicion.' Although to be honest, it probably sounded even more strange then if he had just called him Aizawa or Shouta.

Izuku was already gone, so Aizawa made his way to the teacher's locker rooms, yes they needed a place to change in and out of their hero gear at the school, and waited. It was boring as hell to sit there for nearly half an hour, but he finally felt a sudden dizziness and blinked opened his eyes to see... hands.

His hands. Not paws, no fur, just his normal human hands.

Being a cat did have it's perks and, in all honesty, it felt like a vacation seeing as he slept 3 times as much as usual and didn't have paperwork or loud co-workers bugging him, but he was glad to be back to normal.

He could finally talk to the kid.

Aizawa sighed in contentment as he wrapped the familiar scarf around his shoulders once more. Both it and his goggles had been cleaned, and the hero felt at ease with them once more.

The school was empty and silent as he made his way down the halls until he faced Nezu's door. With a deep sigh, he pushed open the door.

"...and that's checkmate for me my dear RatSatan!"

"Splendid, I didn't see that trap coming until it was too late. Simply marvelous job."

The tired hero cleared his throat to gain both of their attentions. Nezu simply glanced over while Izuku's eyes widened. Aizawa had to hold back a chuckled when he realized that it was finally setting in for Izuku that he had been staying with him as a cat for nearly a week.

"Good to have you back Aizawa."

He grunted in response before turning back to the kid who was now blushing while he mumbled, "oh my gosh, I rambled to Eraserhead about himself on the first night. Oh dear Nezu, I totally forgot. And then when I told him to keep my vigilante a secret-"

Aizawa gently, but firmly, placed his hand on the problem child's shoulder. The kid flinched a bit, but stopped his rambling to look up at the hero. "I'm sor-"

"No need to apologize kid. It's good to finally meet you, in-person that is." Izuku gave a small laugh and nodded. "Nice to meet you too sir!"

"Just call me Shouta or Aizawa when I'm off duty."

"Uh- sure thing... Shouta."

The three sat and simply got to know each other for a few minutes (well Izuku wanted to know more about Aizawa, and the hero indulged him) until Aizawa decided to just say what he wanted to say.

"Izuku."

The kid met his gaze questioningly as Aizawa continued.

"Will you let me adopt you?"

~ ~ ~

A/N: Ah yes, dadzawa is here.