I THINK I'M IN LOVE (H.S.) (TW SU!C!DE)

Backstory: You were going through a tough time in your life and you were going through su!c!dal thoughts and only Hailee and a few of your close friends know about this.

You are standing on the edge of your roof, your feet sliding into the gutters and you pulling them back while scrolling through your contacts on your phone.Its 12:00 A.M. You decide to call Hailee.

"Hey (Y/N), why are you calling me right now?" Hailee asks in a groggy morning voice.

"My heart's pacing, I'm confused, I'm dazing," you reply in a wide awake voice.

"(Y/N) what's happening?" Hailee seems more awake now.

"I saw something I never seen in you, it's got me shaking, I must be hallucinating," you say with a almost rehearsed voice.

"(Y/N) where are you?" Hailee asks already tracking your phone.

"I hear it happens, I'm just saying," You say in a emotionless voice.

"(Y/N)," Hailee screams into the phone "Whats happening?"

"Babe, I'm just saying, someone give me some paper, someone give me some crayons, I'm feeling like a child," You say in your seamless and emotionless voice.

"(Y/N), please, please answer me, I'm scared," Hailee sounds like she's about to cry.

"I'm trying hard to trust you, when you say give me your hand. Baby, I'm falling," You say with finally a little emotion in your voice, a little quiver.

Hailee's car pulls up and she jumps out, your feet are going off of the edge of the roof, the gutter digging into your ankles.

"I HOPE YOU CATCH ME WHEN I LAND," you scream out to Hailee as you feel your butt slipping off the edge of the roof. 

You start falling and the police and a ambulance pull up as you close your eyes, you feel weightless as you are falling and suddenly a pair of arms around you. You open your eyes and see Hailee's face and tears streaming down it.

Your thoughts -  I think I'm in love again. I didn't think it could be true, let alone that it would be you. I'm sorry I jumped. :( 

She looks like she is about to fall apart. Then you see the lights of the ambulance and the police, then you see the police coming over, and you know that there is about to be a lot of questioning going on. But for now your crying as well. You love Hailee and she loves you, but right now you guys are both scared.

Hey guys, this one shot is based off of the song I Think I'm In Love by Kat Dahlia. I love the song and this is my first one shot, tell me how you think of it. If you are feeling suicidal please tell a trusted adult and try to get help, the suicide prevention line is 988, just three simple numbers like 911, if you or one of your friends are feeling suicidal, please get help, I love you guys all so much.

-Emma Stark

Published March 29th 2023

Updated March 30th 2023 for grammar and spelling.