FUNERALS AREN'T FUN (G.P.)

Backstory: (Y/N) has been in and out of the hospital, doctors office, ER, ICU, everything. Every time she was in the ER or ICU the doctors would ask her what her pain felt like on a scale from one to ten, and this was her ten; when Gwyneth died. 

(Y/N)'s POV

-The Night She Died-

We were driving back from a friend's wedding. She was drunk, so I was driving. We were laughing and suddenly someone hit us from behind. Gwyn wasn't wearing a seat belt, so that sent her through the windshield. There was glass and blood everywhere. I get out and immediately dial 911. Ambulances try to get here as soon as they can but it was a chain crash, meaning that one car started and we all crashed like dominoes. As soon as the ambulance and the EMT's and the first responders get there, I am pushed away as they assess Gwyn. Tears are pouring out of my eyes, blinding me. Next thing I know I am in the back of the ambulance, next to my dying best friend. Why did it all have to end this way? 

-At Gwyn's Funeral-

"Thank you so much for letting me give this speech. Gwyneth meant so much to me, we were best friends since we were in diapers. She was always by my side, where ever I would go, she would go even to the hospital. One of the first questions that they ask you in the ER is to rate your pain on a scale from one to ten. And I remember one time when I couldn't catch my breath and it felt like my chest was on fire, the nurse asked me to rate the pain. Even though I couldn't speak I held up nine fingers. Later when I started feeling better the nurse came in and she called me a fighter, you know how I know? She said 'you called a ten a nine.' That wasn't the truth, I didn't call it a nine because I was brave. The reason I called it a nine was because I was saving my ten. And this was it. This was the great and terrible ten. Losing Gwyneth was the great, big, bad ten." You conclude as tear start streaming down your face like a waterfall. 

'This is my ten, my scary, heart wrenching ten.' You think to yourself. 

I love Gwyneth as a actor, and I didn't mean to upset anyone. If I did, I'm sorry, I just wrote a lot of imagines and other book parts when I was grounded. 

-Emma Stark