Chapter 4.

Dazai would be lying if he said that he had planned for this. 

Chuuya's birthday party was a rocking success, and for that he was happy. 

He looked over to the redhead who was now walking towards them, feeling a bit excited. 

"Hi" Chuuya said as he reached them, hand up in surrender. 

"Hey birthday boy." Yosano chuckled, drinking whatever the hell there was in her cup. Dazai was fairly certain it wasn't the normal kind of wine. 

Chuuya chatted with other Agency members, while Dazai just stared at him. It had been a while where they'd met out of work and were trying not to kill each other. 

When he met Chuuya's gaze, he said- "Chibi! Happy birthday! Maybe you'll grow this year yknow." Teasing Chuuya was a way for him to destress. And everyone knew how much his height was a sensitive topic. 

Chuuya rolled his eyes. "Please Mackerel. I may be smaller than you but I can beat you in a lot of stuff." A small smirk formed on his lips. 'Damn I forgot how good he looked.' Dazai mentally sighed. 

"Really? Like what?" He asked, his eyebrows raised. 

Chuuya's smile widened at this. "I remember a rainy day. You and me. Who-" Chuuya was saying something, but Dazai didn't hear it all

You and me.

 Chuuya  had said you and me. Two normal words, but they did something to Dazai. And so did the memory of the rainy day. It was embarrassing, and before he could control himself, Dazai blushed. He fucking blushed. 

Chuuya obviously noticed. 

Yosano cooed from where she was drinking, and then Atsushi said, He was the one who arranged this, you know." 

Dazai didn't know whether to kick him or to say thank you. 

Chuuya's eyes were very obviously drunk. A sober Chuuya would have never said the words that came out that. "Really? I think he deserves a reward for that, don't you think so, Dazai-kun." 

Dazai never thought he had a weak stomach. He was the youngest port mafia executive for god's sake, but as it turns out. He may have a little bit of a weak heart. His cheeks felt even more redder than before. He could only imagine what a big tomato he must look like right now. 

"Of course Chibi. After an entire day of planning out this, I think I do deserve an award." He said, somehow finding his tongue. 

Chuuya laughed at that, and before he could reply, Kouyou came over. "Chuuya, may I speak to you in private?" She asked, but it wasn't a question. 

Kyouka noticed her and gave her a little wave, which Kouyou returned happily. 

Chuuya looked like he was about to object, but looking in Kouyou's eyes, he probably thought better than to piss her off. 

"I'll take me leave then." Chuuya sighed. He locked eyes with Dazai and then said. "I'll see you all later. Hopefully." And with that, he left. 

Dazai was disappointed. He hadn't had a proper normal conversation with Chuuya since he'd left. Which was a given, seeing at they were in enemy organizations now, but it still felt wrong to just pretend like they were strangers. 

He wasn't particularly proud of his past, but Chuuya was the one thing he wasn't ashamed about to tell people. 

The Agency didn't make a big fuss about the birthday boy leaving, and thankfully they didn't make a huge fuss about Dazai blushing too. Even Kunikida cracked a smile at the entire encounter, and then he drank an entire glass too.