Chapter 6.

Annoyance flared in Chuuya's mind as his usual red hue was replaced by a blue one. 

The most annoying part about dealing with Dazai was that while fighting him, Chuuya was normal. He had no ability. Well, that was fine too. After all, he was the best martial artist in the PM. 

But as times like this, Chuuya loathed his former partner. 

"Ah well." Dazai chuckled. "I forgot the Port Mafia's loyal dog was in here." He said, eyes darkening. Chuuya growled at him. "Loyal is something you don't know jack shit about. I would suggest shutting the fuck up." 

"And if I don't?" His smirk was getting on Chuuya's nerves. 

"I'll-" Before Chuuya could speak, Mori interrupted. "As much as I appreciate you jumping in front of me Chuuya. I can handle myself, even without an ability. And I can't have you two arguing right now, when we need you to work together." 

Now this got Chuuya's attention. "Pardon me? Me? Work with him? Again?" His distaste was obvious through his voice. "Don't piss your pants, Chibi. I'm not thrilled to work with you either." 

Liar. 

"Dazai-kun." Mori said, ignoring whatever undertone lay in their words. "You have Fukuzawa-san's number right? Call him." And for the first time, Dazai did as he was asked. 

Chuuya didn't pay attention to all the details. All that mattered was that everyone in the Port Mafia he cared were gone. And he had to work with that bastard Dazai to get them back. 

His day was taking an even more shitty turn than usual. 

In his sulking, he didn't realize that a certain part of brown eyes were on him all the time.

After the call ended, Mori turned back to face him. "I've spoken with Fukuzawa-san. He's out of town investigating some case that apparently Ranpo-kun knew about." He looked at Dazai with raised eyebrows. Dazai shrugged. 

"well, anyway. We've decided that the best course of action to have Double-Black reunite for this mission." Mori smiled at Chuuya. "We don't have a choice. I would've preferred to deal with it myself but Elise-chan isn't here and Fukuzawa-san is also out. That just leaves you two, since no Agency member or Port Mafia is up for this job." 

Chuuya thought for a moment. "Wait- so we don't have any leads, and you want just the two of us to solve it?" Mori wasn't in the mood to entertain these questions.

"As I said before, we have no other option. You'll figure it out." Dismissal was clear in his voice. 

Dazai didn't seem to be too eager to be in here more than what was necessary, and he turned around to walk away. "And Chuuya." Mori called after him. 

"I trust that you will not fail this?" He asked, the tone making Chuuya's blood run cold. 

"I won't, Boss." That seemed to satisfy Mori for the time-being at least. 

 The walk back to his car was pretty quite. Chuuya wasn't looking forward to this awkwardness for the entire mission, but then what else could they do? 

Pretend that everything that had happened between them didn't exist?

"What did Ane-san and the weretiger have in common?" Chuuya asked, purely work talk. 

"Nothing that I can make out. They didn't even talk to the same people. Maybe it was something they consumed?" Dazai hummed. "Well, first we should head back to the bar. There must be something we've overlooked." 

Chuuya didn't argue and he started his car. He took out a cigarette and lit it up. He didn't have to turn to see Dazai rolling his eyes as he opened the window.