Act 3, Saga and Hotaru meet and Loki's Lie

We now return to the gardens at night. A shadowy figure walks through. We see it is Hotaru in disguise. She reaches the palace wall, then begins to climb it. She is tugged from behind by Raikou.

Hotaru: Oh, I'm sorry, Raikou. But I can't stay here and have my life lived for me. I'll miss you. (She begins to climb again, and is helped up by Raikou, who begins to whine and whimper.) Good bye!

She disappears over the wall. Cut to daytime on the street Saga and Chimchar are up to their capers again. They are on top of the awning of a fruit stand.

Saga: Okay, Chimchar. Go!

Chimchar dips over the edge and looks at the Proprietor.

Proprietor: (To passing crowd) Try this, your taste buds will dance and sing. (Chimchar grabs a melon and hangs there, distracting his attention.) Hey, get your paws off that.

Chimchar: Blah blah blah!

Proprietor: Why, you. Get away from here, you filthy ape.

He grabs the melon away from Chimchar. But in the foreground, Saga dips down and snatches another melon from the stand.

chimchar: Bye bye.

He zings back up. The Proprietor takes the melon to the front, where he places it on top of a stack. He looks confused, like he has just done this.

Saga: Nice goin' Chimchar. Breakfast is served.

Saga and Chimchar on the roof break open the melon and eat. We see Hotaru walking through the street.

Shopkeeper 1: Pretty lady, buy a pot. No finer pot in brass or silver.

Shopkeeper 2: Sugar dates, sugar dates and figs! Sugar dates and pistachios!

Shopkeeper 3: Would the lady like a necklace? A pretty necklace for a pretty lady.

She is charmed by the action, but is startled by a Magikarp thrust into her face.

Shopkeeper 4: Fresh Magikarp! We catch 'em, you buy 'em!

Hotaru: I don't think so. (She backs away, but bumps into a fire eater, who is startled into swallowing his fire.) Oh, excuse me.

(He gulps, then belches fire from his mouth. Hotaru is disgusted. He is pleased and taps his stomach. Saga sees her, and a strange look comes over his face.) I'm really very sorry.

Saga: (He's obviously deeply in love with her.) Wow.

She pulls the hood of her cloak over her head. Chimchar sees him and jumps up on his shoulder, waving his hand in front of Saga's face.

Chimchar: Uh oh. Hello? Hello?

Hotaru stops at the fruit stand and sees a young homeless child reaching for a piece of fruit. She picks one up and gives it to him.