Act 10, Saga Breaks his Promise and Loki gets the Lamp

We are now in Loki's chambers. Loki and Chatot enter.

Chatot: We gotta get outta here! We gotta get-- I gotta start packing, your highness. Only essentials (Chatot starts throwing things out of his cage. Loki smiles broadly.) Travel light! Bring the guns, the weapons, the knives (Stops and takes out a picture of himself and Loki) and how about this picture? I don't know--I think I'm making a weird face in it. (Loki starts to laugh wildly.) Oh, boy--he's cracked. He's gone nuts. (Chatot flies down to him and knocks on his head.) Loki! Loki! Get a grip! (Loki grabs him around the neck) Good grip!

Loki: Prince Toshiro is nothing more than that ragged urchin, Saga! He has the lamp, Chatot.

Chatot: Why that miserable--

Loki: But you are going to relieve him of it!

Chatot: Me?

Cut to Saga is looking at the palace gardens.

Saga: Sultan? They want me to be sultan?

Dohko comes out of the lamp.

Dohko: Huzzah! Hail the conquering hero! (Turns into a one-man band. He sees Saga walk away with his head hung. He stops, scratches his head, comes up with an idea, then zooms over to Saga. He holds up his hands like a director scoping a picture and we look through them.) Saga, you've just won the heart of the princess. What are you gonna do next? (Saga looks at him, then walks away in sadness to the bed, where he falls on it and sighs Dohko again is confused, then goes to him and pulls out a script labeled "Saga." Whispering:) Psst, your line is, "I'm going to free the genie." Anytime.

Saga: Genie...I can't.

Dohko: Sure you can. You just go, "Geeeeenie, IIIIIII wiiiiish you free." (He grabs Saga's head and uses him as a mock ventriloquist's dummy. Saga pulls away.)

Saga: I'm serious! Look, I'm sorry--I really am. But they want to make me sultan--no! They want to make Prince Toshiro sultan. Without you, I'm just Saga.

Dohko: Sa, you won!

Saga: Because of you! The only reason anyone thinks I'm worth anything is because of you! What if they find out I'm not really a prince? (Quietly) What if Hotaru finds out? I'd lose her. Dohko, I-I can't keep this up on my own. I...I can't wish you free.

Dohko: (Sarcastically) Fine, I understand. After all, you've lied to everyone else. Hey, I was beginning to feel left out. Now, if you'll excuse me, master. (He says the last word in disgust, then poofs back into the lamp.)

Chimchar and Carpet are watching from the window

Chimchar: Ohhh.

Saga: Dohko, I'm really sorry. (A tongue comes out of the spout and raspberries him.) Well, fine! (He covers the Lamp with a pillow.) Then just... stay in there! (He looks at Chimchar and Carpet.) What are you guys lookin' at? (They both leave.) Look, I... I-I'msorr--C-Chimchar, I'm sorry. I didn't... wait. C'mon! (He sighs.) What am I doing? Dohko's right. I... I-I gotta tell Hotaru the truth.

Hotaru: (From a distance) Toshiro, oh Toshiro--will you come here?

Saga: (Putting on his turban) Well, here goes. (He walks into the garden.) Hotaru? Where are you?
We see Chatot wearing a beak and standing on stilts next to a Flamigo in the pond. He is imitating Hotaru's voice.

Chatot: Ahem--In the menagerie, hurry.

Saga: I'm coming.

We see Saga hurry past, not noticing the birds. Chatot laughs, then turns back and looks into the face of a Flamigo, who is panting.

 Chatot laughs, then turns back and looks into the face of a Flamigo, who is panting

Flamigo: D'uh!

Chatot: Ya got a problem, pinky? (He sweeps the bird's feet out from under it. Chatot runs into the palace and finds the lamp under the pillow.) Boy, Loki's gonna be happy to see you! (Stretches his face like Loki's and imitates it.) Good work, Chatot! (Normal) Ah, go on. (Loki) No, really--on a scale of one to ten, you are eleven! (Normal) Ah, Loki--you're too kind. I'm embarrassed, I'm blushing. (He flies away with the lamp.)