Act 9, Dohko Saves Saga and Loki Exposed

Saga: Hey! What? (A gag is tied around his mouth. Muffled words) Chimchar! Chimchar! (We see the Copperajah hanging from a net tied in a tree.)

Chimchar: Yes?

Guard: Hold him!

Shackles are placed on his feet and his hands. Another Guard ties Carpet in a knot around a tree.

Loki: I'm afraid you've worn out your welcome, Prince Abooboo. (Walks away.) Make sure he's never found.

A guard hits him in the head, and he falls unconscious. Cut to a cliff, where Guards laugh as Saga's body drops into the water. He is conscious now, but his feet are tied to a rock. The rock hits the sea bottom, then the turban lands and the lamp tumbles out. He sees this and struggles to rub the lamp. However, he loses consciousness and falls to the floor. The lamp, unsettled by his movement, rolls down and rubs against his hands. It shakes, and Dohko emerges with a bath brush, rubber duckie, and shower cap

Dohko: Never fails. Get in the bath and there's a rub at the lamp. (Squeaks the duck) Hello. (Sees unconscious Saga) Sa? Sa! Kid, snap out of it! You can't cheat on this one! I can't help you unless you make a wish. You have to say "Genie, I want you to save my life." Got it? Okay. C'mon Saga!! (He grabs Saga by the shoulders and shakes him. His head goes up, then falls.) I'll take that as a yes. (Head turns into a siren.) Wooga! Wooga! (Turns into a submarine.) Up scope! (He babbles in something that sounds like German. On the surface, a giant water spout emerges, and lands on top of the cliff.

Saga reawakens and coughs the water out of his lungs.) Don't you scare me like that!

Saga: Dohko, I--uh, I-uh...(He can't think of how to say it, so they just hug each other.) Thanks, Dohko.

Dohko: Oh, Sa. I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid. Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything.

We return to Hotaru in her room, humming "A Whole New World" and brushing her hair. The Sultan appears in one of the double doors, hypnotized.

Shion: Hotaru!

Hotaru: Oh, father--I just had the most wonderful time. I'm so happy.

Shion: (Still monotone from the hypnosis) You should be, Hotaru. I have chosen a husband for you.

Hotaru: What?

Shion: (The other door opens and reveals Loki.) You will wed Loki.

Hotaru gasps at the sight of him.

Loki: You're speechless, I see. A fine quality in a wife.

Hotaru: I will never marry you

Hotaru: I will never marry you. (She goes to the Sultan) Father, I choose Prince Toshiro!

Loki: Prince Toshiro left!

A quick pan finds Saga standing in the doorway to the balcony.

Saga: Better check your crystal ball again, Loki!

Hotaru: Prince Toshiro!

Loki gasps at the sight of Saga.

Chatot: How in the he--(back to parrot-ese)--uh, awk!

Saga: Tell them the truth, Jafar. You tried to have me killed!

Loki: What? (He goes to Shion) Ridiculous nonsense, Your Highness. He is obviously lying. (He brings the staff close to Shion's face.)

Shion: Obviously...lying.

Saga sees the staff with its glowing eyes.

Hotaru: Father, what's wrong with you?

Saga: I know what's wrong!

Saga grabs the staff and smashes it on the floor. Loki flinches and the spell is broken for good.

Shion: Oh, oh, oh my!

Saga: Your Highness, Loki's been controlling you with this! (He advances the staff)

Shion: What? Loki?! You, you traitor!

The trio advances on Loki.

Loki: Your majesty, all of this can be explained.

Shion: Guards! Guards!

Chatot: Well, that's it--we're dead, forget about it. Just dig a grave for both of us. We're dead.

But Loki sees the lamp in Saga's pocket. He makes a move but is grabbed by guards.

Shion: Arrest Loki at once.

Loki: This is not done yet, boy!

Loki pulls a vial from his pocket. Saga sees this and rushes him, but Loki throws the vial to the floor. A large red cloud appears. When it is gone, so is Loki.

Shion: Find him! Search everywhere!

Saga: Hotaru, are you all right?

Hotaru: Yes.

They lean in to kiss, but Shion barges between them.

Shion: Loki, my most trusted counselor, plotting against me all this time. Just horrible. How will I ever- (He stops in mid-sentence and looks at the pair.) Can this be true? My daughter has finally chosen a suitor? (She nods) Ha ha! Praise Allah!

) Can this be true? My daughter has finally chosen a suitor? (She nods) Ha ha! Praise Allah!

You Brilliant boy, I could kiss you! I won't--I'll leave that to my--. You two will be wed at once! Yes, yes. And you'll be happy and prosperous, and then my boy, you will be sultan!

Saga: Sultan?

Shion: Yes, a fine upstanding youth like yourself, a person of your unimpeachable moral character is exactly what this kingdom needs! (Saga looks concerned at this.)

)