Chapter 3: Journey into the Dark

Eleanor: Oh boy! This one's gonna be fun!

Zombiod: You no know!

Eleanor: Oh, but I do.

Mars: Must we argue and keep the reader waiting?

Eleanor: Right! Right. Let's get started.

The journey had to be completed by night.

Spinster and the spiders had formed a base high in the hills, out of human sight. I remember where the base was when I had been there a few months earlier. Spinster is as good at espionage as Zombiod, in some cases. Apparently, his fort is a formidable defence that no foe can cross through (He learned his hill-fort-build-en-hold skills from Mars, so you can guess how greatly hidden it is, since Mars has had 25 extra years of experience in this, but has never actually built a fort.).

He's a spider, and as such can climb walls with incredible dexterity. Unlike most others of his kin, he can also climb down walls, and on ceilings. He even has a special poison unique to him alone. His poison is the worst ever, because it targets the neurons of his foe. When he bits, the poison causes the victim to freeze in place, and blinds them in all their senses. No one knows how he got it, but he always says that he made it and merged it into his fangs. He has experience in thievery, silent assassination, speaking any language, and, most importantly, being a great comedian.

The walk to Spinster would be a long one, as his area isn't as close to us as the zombie village. It would be a five-day and night trek underground to reach him, and a lot can happen in five days and nights. Walking above ground would be treacherous for our health, especially if one prefers not to die. I certainly like myself.

We enter a giant ravine, because that's the only way into the under-home.

"Everyone in ravine.", said Zombiod. "Will soon be ready, Eleanor. Everyone nervous, however. Not sure if they should go. Mob outlaws underground. Known for murdering other mobs out of spite. Would think of capturing you and doing outlawish things to you, Eleanor. Me kill for you, though!".

"Well I can assure you, Zombiod.", I said. "We walk the path of dark to get to the path of light, because the path of light has gotten darker. If the humans had not blocked all the roads out with the men-who-breathe-fire, catapults and cannons, traveling on the surface would be easier. We can make up for the disabilities of mobs, though, like how the undead burn under the sun or how Endermen are weak to water, by giving them helmets and suits. The humans want to make sure that the areas they capture are "Sanitized" (Emphasis on that, because by Notch, we aren't a Virus to be exterminated.). I don't want to see another massacre like the fourth war. I do however want to see success, and the heads of those humans on the ends of poles. Besides, I'm more than a match for any outlaw.". Yes, I mean that. The little sh$ts have my mother!

"Men-who-breathe-fire, catapults, cannons, oh my. " said Bones.

We then entered these cavernous ravines: these areas are huge, extensive holes in the world. Navigating them required either a guide, whom we didn't have, or someone who has a natural sense of direction. That would happen to be me in this case. Hierarchical positioning is now as important as poisonous potatoes. Everyone needed to contribute in a situation like this.

As we traversed the huge caverns, we frequently stopped to rest, eat, drink, sleep and mine ores. All of the ores would be needed in their own way. Coal to smelt iron and gold ore and fashion torches. Iron to arm the zombies with swords and battle shovels. Redstone for later contraptions. Gold for, well Zombiod, and luxury. Diamonds for the elite to wear and wield as armour and weapons. Emeralds to trade with zombie villagers (and one day normal ones). Lapis Lazuli was the only one we never gave a second glance. Zombiod, however, mined it anyways, seeing as how we never know what smudging white wool blue would come in handy.