Chapter 5: The Crystal

Continuation of the last chapter...

Eleanor: I still remember the first time I picked up an M1 Abrams and flung it at the human encampment.

Mars: Hmm.

Me: Well, time to get back to business. Eleanor?

Eleanor: With pleasure.

We are all back at the encampment.

Suddenly, there is a loud KABOOM!

With a ray of sunlight streaming into it from the sun, the Crystal sitting atop the pyramid begins to spin. It does a 180 degree pitch turn, stops, then grows in brightness, and four beams came out shinning in distinctly opposite directions of each other. These beams point towards the cave entrances that we'd just open.

"Huzzah!", said Spinster. "You've done it! Operation Swarm is under way!."

"Operation Swarm?" I ask.

"Oh." said Spinster. "I forgot to tell you that I have a plan. Called Operation Swarm, it will only work if all the cave entrances are open."

"What does the Crystal do, exactly?" I asked.

"Watch and learn, Mrs. Chandra. Watch and learn." said Spinster.

The crystal beams soon turn purple, then pink, and finally increase in size and turn white.

"Spiders! Tens of hundreds of spiders are emerging from the cave entrances!" said Mars.

I take a closer look, and lo and behold, the caves are overloaded with spiders.

They go charging into the human lines. This is followed by a lot of the humans shouting "Spiders!" and running in terror.  The brave humans who stood behind to fight the wave of spiders never appeared again.

In one fell swoop, Spinster has turned the tide of the battle, and the war. For the first time, we've won against a force of humans while their new, fancy dragons are assisting them.

Then a thought crept into my mind, actually three:

How the Nether did Spinster make that crystal?

Where did those spiders come from?

I wonder if Bathers is still alive?

Their probably interrogating him at this moment. Bathers could be crucial to winning this Notch forsaken war, since the humans seem to take his orders. Then again, that's probably been nullified by his superiors for bring a mob army to their underground bunker.

"Me think we go in and find Tall dude." said Zombiod.

"I agree. He could be of importance in the future. Lets go in their and deal with those evil humans the right way." I said. Well all start to march towards the human base, with the crystal still shinning behind us. Just in time too.  The humans have returned to attempt to finish the job. However, this time we are ready.  Once they were in range, Spinster let out the signal to the new spider horde to attack.

Despite the humans metal dragons, they still didn't stand a chance against so many spiders. Hundreds of thousands of spiders. All of them hungry for blood. Human blood. The battle didn't last to long. Everything in the air was brought down by Bones's arrows, while everything on the ground got quickly flooded by spiders. Not even the land dragons with their giant boom sticks can over come the onslaught of spider.

Once we have over run the humans (took about 18 hours), we rescued Mr. Bathers.

"I have to thank you for that," he said "even though you are mobs and you did kill some good people there. I still think you did the right thing, though. That bastard Gero was too paranoid for his own good."

I know, considering what those bastards were probably doing to him. At least I now have a human ally. Hopefully this run of luck will continue and the humans will finally go home, though I find that to be unlikely due to their violent nature.

But now it is time to head off else where. Probably to quell another human vs mobs area. I'm actually confused as to what we do next, until Bones and Spinster walked up to me and tell it to me.

"We must head to the Falou-Mountains." said Bones "I remember leaving a force of skeletons there to guard the pass from human invasion. It'll be useful to have sum odd 2500 skeletons in the forces, assuming my colonel Gary was able to keep them alive since 6 months ago."

Ahh, yes. The Falou-Mountains. The chilliest peaks in Minecraft. They reach up to the sky limit of the world. It is said that there is a group of ninja skeletons who live in the peaks of those mountains, dismissed by all as being only a myth. I, however, have some faith that everyone, no matter how reclusive, will come out to fight the human menace.

Then Spinster came to me.

"Madam Eleanor." he said "I'll be come with you lads and lasses. This place isn't safe anymore, even with the hundreds of thousands of spiders keeping the humans trippin. I'll also be joining as your tactical advisor, and 5 league ultra-mist (our equivalent of a top of the line assassin). Of course, you probably already expected this, right?"

"Yes I did. In fact, I welcome you into my little band of...outcasts." I said. Damn, could've used a better word then.

We then went on a 'little walk'. When I say little, I mean a 16 day 17 night walk to the mountains. It was appalling to have to walk so far. If I were a human, by feet would be so sore I'd want to kill myself. Of course, I'm a ghast girl, so I did the whole 'walk' while hovering.

Mars travels with long, purposeful strides. Bones is riding on Spinster's back. I had to carry Zombiod, cause he is slow and refuses to take his armor off.

On day 17, we'd made it. But now, we have a problem to figure out:

I can't go into the mountains. If I try to, my blood would solidify and I'd suffocate to death.

Eleanor: Woo hoo! Another one down!

Me: Yeah. Don't worry, people. The next chapter shall be just as entertaining.

Mars: Also, I need to go and eat. I've been sitting here for a week.

???6: Is it my turn to come in yet?

Me: Hush! You're aren't suppose to even be in the studio yet!

???7: So much for freedom of speech.

Zombiod: Yarg!

Bones: They'll be entertained. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

Me: heh heh. Nice one Bones. Remember to leave a comment and a vote for this story. Tell me what I might being doing wrong.