Chapter 4: Spinster and the Spiders

Ohhh yeaaa! Now it truly gets going! Enjoy this first and absolutely not last MEGA chapter...

"Well, we need to keep on moving. That earthquake of an escape of ours made quite the racket. Every human within at least 1000 miles heard that." said Bones. He was looking at something else until he heard Zombiod shout.

"Look! It's Spinster!"

Spinster is moving towards us. He has no special features. He could pass by as your average Minecraftian Spider. The only thing that gives his identity away is his strong British accent.

"Hey, Zombiod, Bones, Eleanor, and...Mars? What are you poor lost lads doing here?"

His real name is Furtim Arcus Aranea. Furtim for short. It means stealthy arch arachnid in Latin. He prefers his funnier nickname to that one. It reminded him too much of his family, who all died at the hands of a human psychopath. Except his grandma, who died in a strange way ( as in, she choked on too much pig juice, before karate chopping a sheep to death).

"We came to start the great retake and end the suffering that all mobs are experiencing." I said, "I'm Eleanor, temporary ruler of the Nether. This is -"

Spinster interrupted me, "Bones! Old buddy, how goes yer amazing existence! I hope you're not too dismayed by no great battles, eh?"

They gave each other a high-five. I knew that spiders and skeletons had made a string and bone oath and swore loyalty to each other. After that, spiders would never be seen without a skeleton partner, and visa versa. Spinster and Bones have always worked together since the oath. This meeting was probably staged by them.

"Ah, and here he comes, mate. Zombiod, the great espionage artisan. I see this is all you have. Where's the rest?" Spinster said.

"Dead. Zombies starve too. Me almost did, once." said Zombiod.

"It seems you came through well." Spinster sniffed. "What is that smell that reaches my frontal cortex?"

"That is the sweet smell of victory," I said. "We raided a human encampment before we left. There was so much food, we had to store some in salt containers. Are you hungry, Spinster, 'cause there is still a lot left from five days ago, and it's still fresh."

"If it's meat for me to liquefy, I'm in for that feast!" Spinster said.

The long trip left us all famished. We pulled out the massive canister of food along with salt. The humans got all this food from raiding the landscape. It's a shame they had to destroy the countryside in the process. After all, one doesn't need to beat the trees to get raw beef.

Just then, we heard terrible news from an incoming messenger:

"Humans! They're attacking! They know we're here! We're doomed!!!"

I almost retched at this. Everyone noticed this because when I'm about to retch, a gooey, red-yellow fluid drips from my mouth.

"Spiders!" said Spinster, "take your posts! Come-on, Eleanor. I've seen you see out worse situations. Don't lose your lunch now, cause I'm not getting you a new one."

Spinster filled us in on a problem that didn't help sooth the situation: "The caverns have been blocked by the humans. The spiders in there a trapped, and can't get out, until the rocks are moved!"

I moaned, "Why do they always use rocks!?"

The first wave came in. A group of 200 humans, all wielding iron swords, some had bows, and all had leather armour. They don't know that there is a Ghast and her group of generals. I can tell they are not prepared. Either they don't have the resources, or their commander is too lazy to bother caring about them. Even I don't do that.