to race and win👀

as requested by @swag_sungie

there was no greater thrill than when minho was racing.

the fluorescent lights nothing but a blur as minho would speed round corners, the roar of the engine the only sound in his ears to remind him of his one focus.

to race and win.

right now, minho was approaching the last few turns until he would win his eighth race for this month.

the racer he was currently in competition with, was obviously new to the scene. though, minho was never too cocky about showing off until he was certain even a crash could keep him in the lead.

still, minho smiled to himself as he shot round the final corner, twisting the car left and right for dramatics until the bustling crowd erupted into cheers as his car sailed over the makeshift painted finish line.

getting out of his car, minho lifted his helmet from his head and shook his long hair out of his face, looking around with his eyes near sparkling as he soaked up the atmosphere.

this, was what he lived for.

it wasn't until eleven seconds passed that the sound of his component's car beat the crowd catching minho's attention.

"hey!" minho smiled, hoping over the bonnet of his car and jogging over to the younger competitor.

"that was a really good race you gave me, kangin." he spoke sincerely as the black and white haired boy pulled his helmet off and rested it on his car roof.

"dude," he smiled. "you don't have to lie to me, you smoked me!"

"regardless, man, this was what, your tenth ever race?"

"seventh." kangin laughed as he pushed his hair back so it slicked back from his forehead.

"you've got potential," minho lightly bumped his shoulder as he nodded with his words. "i'd be happy to give you any tips if you want them? of course, if you'd rather never speak to me again after losing, i get it."

kangin picked up on his teasing tone and joined in the laughter as he looked over minho's black and purple car.

he laughed at the painted black cat on the bonnet and let his eyes trail the rest of the car.

though it was known that minho was out racing every chance he got, his car was always kept in such immaculate condition.

his passion for racing was undeniable.

"yeah yeah, lee." kangin rolled his eyes, though no spite underlined his words. "i'm happy i even got to share the track with you! thank you for accepting this race with me."

"honestly, kid, you reminded me of a younger me so i couldn't pass up the opportunity. i wasn't lying when i said you had potential, you had a really strong start. but, if i can offer advice? i can see you hesitating at corners."

kangin nodded along to minho's advice, taking every word in as minho explained how to undertake while still being cautious.

"if you use those techniques in later races," minho clicked his tongue as he gently shoved kangin back to his car. "you're gonna get a lot of wins in the future."

"thanks, lee." kangin bowed, the pair sharing a respectful handshake before minho turned away and walked back to his car.

while receiving congratulations from the crowd and accepting pictures taken both with him and his car, minho's attention was brought to a guy similar looking in age.