Baking Between Us

Anne (narrating):

I made my way to the school and throughout the painful 469 stairs I knew so well. I got to my classroom and dropped my things. Then, I heard a voice calling my name. "Hi Anne!"

I turned around, I didn't recognize this person. "It's Marcy, from the music class we took the other day!" Ohh, now everything clicked. "Oh, hi Marcy! I never noticed you were in here." "Well, I almost always sit at the back so it makes sense."

I smiled and finished getting my things ready. I played my playlist on shuffle, and Style came on. As soon as the chorus hit, Sasha walked through the door, brushing her hair away. "Oh no" I murmured. Sasha scoffed at me but I looked at her in a "Remember what the plan was" glance.

She then completely changed facial expressions. "Hi babe~" she told me and hugged me from behind. "H-Hi uhm... baby pie." I felt so ashamed as I realized what I blurted out. "This is going to be one of those things that won't let me sleep huh" I thought.

Sasha went along with it though. "Boonchuy, stop calling me that, it's not cute but rather funny" she said smiling but I knew she was internally dying like me. "So, tomorrow at 8, my house?" Sasha leaned in against me. "I'll be there." I answered.

"Good morning class!"

(...)

"Good morning class, today we have a new student." Sasha sat down in her new seat as Miss Lily made some announcements. "Her name is Sasha Waybright, she's very excited to meet all of you." I remembered when I yelled at her on the street.

She stood up and walked to the center of the class. She smiled at me and I smiled back, yet I could feel pain in her eyes. This is probably going to be awkward as hell.

"I hope you all are nice to her. Now, we'll start the lecture about our topic: What is the powerhouse of the cell?" Miss Lily said.

I sighed. This lecture was probably going to take forever. I literally already know! But my eyes lit up as a teacher asked for permission to take Sasha and I out of the classroom. I'd literally take any chance I could to get out of this boring-ass class, even if it means having to pretend more.

I walked through the door, and Sasha went with me. I held her hand, she was a little hesitant at first but then we locked our fingers. Her hands were cold and it made me feel... strange. I mean, pretending to be in love with your enemy is strange, so it's probably that.

Sasha (narrating):

"Hey, how long are we going to be doing this?" I said, snapping Anne back to reality. She let go of my hand quickly and got slightly away from me. "Uhm, maybe until either you or I move schools. You can say that it's very shitty and you don't like it." I looked down. "They're not just going to move me to another school like that."

Anne slightly tilted her head. Suddenly, a guy tapped her shoulder. "Wow Anne, I didn't think you could get a girlfriend more of a bitch than you." I got offended, and Anne just rolled her eyes. "Hello to you too, Mark." another guy showed up behind him. "Didn't think you'd get a girlfriend at all, but similar people attract." he replied.

"Guess I could say the same for you two." Anne said, holding my hand. It felt like she was looking for some sort of support, so I decided to put my pride aside and stroke her hand to calm her down. "Saying we're gay isn't going to make us gay." 'Mark' said and he kept walking with his friend.

We stood in silence for a second before we realized we were unknowingly locking fingers again. "Oh- I'm so sorry, I was- sorry." she said, again pulling out quickly, I saw her hand shaking. "It's fine, it's still just play pretend." I replied, feeling a knot in my throat. She kept showing me the school until the bell rang, awkwardness baking between us.

supppppp

so i know i ghosted for 198913224 years, and i'm super sorry

but today a 'friend' called me a bad person and it hurt like hell, so i wanted to write to distract myself and also make sure y'all have a good day :3

so yeah! hope you liked, i'm also on a 2 week break so i might be writing more~

bye bye!!

(747 epic words)