ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

"ᴏᴏᴏʜ ɴᴇʟʟʏʏʏʏ ᴍᴏᴍᴍᴀ ɢᴏɴ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜᴜ", Bella teased the sleeping boy.

Carnell Preston.

It was his first day, and he was already gonna be late.

There goes first impressions.

Carnell rushed out of bed, hurrying to the shower.

It took him 30 minutes to get ready. He just can't help the long showers.

"Boa! I know yo lil behind ain't still in this house!"

Carnells mother, Momma Daisy, yelled to the boy.

She was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs, "C'mere!"

Carnell grabbed his converse and ran to his mother.

Her arms were crossed around her chest, "H-Hey momma.."

"Don't give me that, Nellson. Betta' take your ass to school and don't do this again."

Carnell grimaced at the nickname. His mother insisted on that name since he was young and refused to let up. It was his granfathers name .

He nodded frantically, "Yes, Momma!"

It took his 5 minutes to put on his shoes and jacket before he was out the door. He'd already missed the school bus, so his older sister was driving him to school.

He was closest with her outta all 5 of them. Diasma was the oldest, then him, then Bella and Tristan, who were twins, and the other set of twins, Diana and Harper.

Diasma honked for her brother to hurry up.

He opened the door, "Thank ya so much, Dia!"

Diasma smiled at her younger brother, "It alright, love, but just don't do it too often. Mom'll throw a fit."

It was a lively 30-minute drive to the school. This was Carnell's last year of high school, and he was so excited. He wanted it to be different from his old school.

Needed it to be.

Diasma was just glad that the boy never lost his sweetness, considering everything.

He kissed his sisters cheek before leaving the car.

Carnell went straight to the front office to receive his late pass.

"Hello? Ma'am?"

One of the receptionist looked over their folder and waved for him to come. She was already beginning to write the time for the late pass.

"Name?"

"Carnell Preston."

"Grade?"

He grinned, showing off his purple braces that matched his dark brown skin.

"12th ma'am."

She handed him the pass, and since he had his schedule, he headed straight to his first class, Calculus.

This was perfect because the boy loved math so much.

He walked into the class hearing the overwhelming amount of noise and approached the teacher, who was sitting silently at her desk. She looked frustrated with the loud and obnoxious class.

"Hello ma'am."

She looked up to him, "Ah, you must be the new student, Carnell?"

"Yes, that's me, ma'am."

She smiled at him, "You can take a seat in the 3rd row, middle table."

He nodded and walked to his conjoined table.

His classmate had their stuff in his seat, so he said, "Excuse me? Can you move your stuff, please?"

The classmate glared at him for no apparent reason and ignored him verbally.

Carnell repeated himself, not losing the sweet tone.

The classmate continued with his behavior, "Just sit somewhere else."

Carnell squinted his eyes, saddened by the disrespectful behavior but not allowing it to penetrate his happy mood.

He picked the boys' stuff up gently and sat it on top of his side of the desk. He sat down in his chair and pulled out a notebook as the teacher had begun writing the syllabus on the board.

Students were staring at Carnell, making him confused, but he didn't care much about why they did it.

His classmate was shocked, causing him to stand up and start cursing at Carnell.

"WHAT THE FUCK! I TOLD YOU FIND ANOTHER SEAT THAT MEANS SIT SOMEWHERE THE FUCK ELSE BITCH-"

While Carnell was blocking the obnoxious classmate out another student walked in. Everyone was silent.

While Carnell didn't know or pay mind to who he was, the entire class did.

They started whispering while the newly arrived student walked to Carnells seatmate.

He said calmly, "Find another seat."

The classmate got up and moved faster than lightning. The new student sat down next to Carnell and also pulled his phone out, occupying himself.

The teacher said, "Damien, do you have a late pass?"

Damiens deep voice responded, "Nah miss, I lost it."

Damien didn't lose it, but he knew the teacher wouldn't press him on the subject. True to his thought, she simply turned around and reviewed the syllabus to the students who were actually listening.

Damien looked at the student he was seated next to. He must've been new, considering how he didn't run to a new seat as soon as he sat down. 

He had a fit skinny frame, dreads, and pretty but masculine features.

Damien thought to himself,  'I'm not gay or nothing like that but he a cute ass nigga."

Carnell raised his hand asking the teacher a question about how the grading system is. Damien heard his country accent and was even more surprised and intrigued.

Eventually, after an hour, the period was over, and the country boy started to pack his stuff up.

"Yo."

Carnell turned to Damien.

"Are ya speaking ta me?"

Damien nodded, holding back a smile at the accent, "Yeah, what's your name?"

Carnell smiled, and Damien swore he'd never seen anything prettier. "I'm Carnell, but people call me Nelly. What's your name?"

"I'm Damien shawty."

Carnell frowned, placing his arms through his bookbag whole, "I'm not that short, Damien."

Damien laughed at the misunderstanding, "No  shawty is like bro, but for girls."

Carnell started walking out the classroom, Damien alongside him, "I'm not a girl, though?"

"Yea, but you're cute like one."

Carnell got shy, feeling something in his stomach, he mumbled, "Thank you, shawty."

Damien turned his head, holding in his laughter as he walked the boy to class. "You're welcome, Nell."

Carnell smiled up to the boy. He was lightskin, covered in tattoos except for his face. He had big lips with a thin mustache, thicker eye brows, and a short curly fade.

Carnell thought aloud, "He's attractive."

Damien smiled at that but ain't say nothing, assuming the thought was meant for Carnells head.