ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

"ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ɢᴏ ᴠɪʀᴀʟ. ᴡᴇ ꜰᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘᴜꜱꜱʏ ɢᴏᴛ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴘᴜꜱꜱʏ ɢᴏᴛ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ."

Damien's loud music was playing from his car. He was on his way to pick up Carnell.

It'd been 3 months since the first day of school, and the two had become friends.

Damien paused his music and called the boy.

He told the phone, "Call Nell red heart."

The phone rang two times before it was answered.

There was shuffling around, considering Carnell had just woke up.

"Dami?"

"I'm coming to get you. You got 20 minutes to get ready."

"Wait, what? Where are we going?"

"We're going out. That's all."

He hung up immediately after not giving Carnell any time to react.

Carnell rolled out of his bed, groaning. He had been planning to sleep all day and maybe make some food.

Now he was going out with Damien.

Carnell hopped in the shower and washed himself cause the lord knew his momma taught him better than to be going around stinking.

When he got out of the shower, he brushed his teeth and massaged his scalp with oil.

He pulled one of the dreads, muttering how he needed a retwist.

He got dressed and noticed he was already running a few minutes behind. He ran down his stairs with his mom yelling, "Don't be running in my house!"

"Alright, I'll see you later!"

He hurried our the door and to Damien's car.

Carnell smiled, "Hi Day."

Damien smiled at the boy, it being smaller, but it meant more.

"'Sup lil luv."

Carnell blushed. Damien had made a habit of calling the boy cute names since the two had gotten closer.

The darkskin boy asked, "Are ya gonna tell me where we're going?"

Damien hummed, "Whatchu gonna give me for it, hm?"

Carnell messed with one of his dreads, leaning on the window. "I ca' make you some brownies. I know ya like 'em."

It was true, Damien did like Carnell's brownies. He loved everything Carnell made, to be honest, though.

Damien responded, " Alright then, you gotta make them first, though. Then I'll tell you."

"But we're on our way there now, no? How would I know before then?"

"You wouldn't, but you could still make them for me, pa?"

Carnell frowned, "No. I ain't making 'em."

Damien was at a stoplight, and his tattooed hand grabbed the others' faces.

"Don't frown at me, pa. Fix your face."

Carnell pouted, his cheeks still squished together.

Damien got close to Carnell's lips, causing the boy to pull away quickly.

"Damien. Y'know you're not supposed to do that. Your girlfriend. She wouldn't like it."

Damien moved back, continuing to drive. He hated how Carnell would mention his girlfriend every time he would even get close to the boy.