ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

"ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ, ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢ?"

Damien had been driving for about 30 minutes. 

20 of those minutes Carnell had sat silently and patiently, waiting for them to arrive somewhere.

Damien's eyes passed over Carnell for a second, "I have a place that I want to show you."

Carnell didn't say anything still sitting in silence. It took them 8 more minutes to get there, and that only grew the pit in Damiens' stomach.

Carnell didn't even realize when they got there, so in his own thoughts. He just wanted to go in his bed and eat peach cobbler his momma made witch a tub of ice cream.

Damien pulled into his new apartment  complex.

Damien unbuckled Carnell and grabbed his face to look at him. Carnells eyes unglossed.

"We're here."

Carnell nodded, eyes completely latched onto Damiens.

They got out of the car, and Damien held Carnell's hand as he led him into the apartment building. He opened the door, and the two walked in.

"I'm gonna order in from the diner you like."

He handed his phone to Carnell, standing over him while the boy looked through the stuff.

Carnell skimmed through the online menu. "Can I get French toast and an omlete with spinach, Cheddar Cheese, and turkey bacon."

"To drink?"

"Their peach iced tea."

He nodded and called them while walking into the next room.

Carnell took off his shoes and washed his hands. He sat on the couch, pulling the purple wool blanket onto himself. He cuddled onto the blanket and closed his eyes.

When Carnell woke up, he heard Damien at the front door.

"Foods here, papa."

Carnell hummed and stretched himself up, Damien came and swooped him up. Carnell wrapped his legs around Damien.

"Dami, you don't gotta carry me."

"I do what I want to do."

Carnell sucked in his bottom lip between his pretty purple braced teeth.

Damien sat down,  Carnell, in his rightful seat, also known as Damiens lap.

He cut up Carnell's food before he ate it and spun around in the chair so Carnell could eat and he could be on his phone.

"You want me to take you home after this?"

Carnell hesitated, his face being stuffed with food since he wasn't much of a slow eater.

".... Can I stay here, just for tonight.  I don't mean to intrude, and I don't wanna bother you, but I really don't wanna be around my family right now and -"

Damien laughed, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but your rambling is so adorable. If you wanna stay, you can. I'll swing by your place and pick up some stuff for school tomorrow."

"Thank you, Dami."

Damien hummed, "Just eat."

Carnell leaned fully into Damien, putting pressure on a sensitive area of Damien's.

Damien adjusted himself in the seat, not wanting to make Carnell uncomfortable.

"Nelly baby, get up for a second."