11

The day after tomorrow is the show. The rest of the band arrived this really fucking early this morning. Like got here at 2 am. Slept at a hotel or Papa's or if you're Swiss the couch down stairs. He whined last night that he had to sleep on the couch. He would usually sleep in the room I'm in now. He suggested Sodo and I share his room as he apparently has a King size bed. When we said no he said "fine, I guess you and I are sharing them Ves!" Sodo lost his shit. He whined about how he didn't want to share with Sodo and then gave up saying he will stay on the couch. I heard him chuckle as we walked up the stairs.

Right now Swiss, Sodo, Matty, Heather, and I are grabbing breakfast at a small cafe not far from their hotel. I was allowed to bring my car this time. I let Sodo drive because he knows this place. Swiss whined as he got in the back. He wasn't too happy Sodo woke him up blasting Metallica throughout the whole house. It was funny seeing him fly off the couch though. We had a good laugh. Sodo and I. Swiss is still grumpy. "So, you guys come watch us practice?" Swiss says taking a bit out of his breakfast. "Uh ya!" Matty says smiling. "We will make sure we put in a good show then Matty!" Swiss immediately gets a coin thrown at him by me. "Only I can call him that." I say bringing my eyebrows together. "Fine. Mat." Swiss says smiling at Matty. "You can call me anything you like big boy." Matty says and I gag. They have been talking like this since they met. I know it's all joking but still. That's my fucking brother. "Oh goodness stop it already you two. We don't need two of Mathew!" Heather says half joking. I giggled a little and look up to Sodo who had been looking at me on and off all breakfast. I smile at him and he smiles back. He let me put his hair up this morning, I can see his clear blue eyes better. "When is practice my dear." She says to Sodo. "In about an hour and a half." He says turning to her. "Good. You boys can go do whatever you boys do, and I will take my Jaxon out, I need to get some shopping done. We meet up at the practice place." She says and the boys nod.

~~~

Heather and I have been shopping for about an hour. We hit many gift shops and stopped for coffee. She decides to go to "the practice area" early saying if you show up early they will see my good work ethic. God I love this woman. We end up waiting for 20 minutes till the girls and Rain show up. Out of those 4 Rain and her spend the most time talking. It's kinda cute. Rain likes listening to her stories about how she grew up and stories of how she took care of me and Matty when we were little. The end up whispering for a while making me nervous but Papa shows up stopping them from there gossip. "Ahh! Heather, you made it my dear!" He says smiling. "Of course I did. I may not be going to the show but I still love to listen to my Jax play." She says from her seat by the snack table. Shortly after Papa showed up so did the boys, Mountain with them. They brought beer. Oh Lord. Let's see how this goes. Mountain tosses me a beer and I catch it. "Uh oh." Matty says smiling. "Boy! She is young to be drinking. Especially this early, it's only 1 in the afternoon!" Heather says staying in her spot pointing at the reddened face of Mountain. "It's okay Heather, the beer was meant for Cirrus. I just happened to catch it. She can't catch that well." I say handing the beer to Cirrus. "You fibber." She says smiling. There's a couple chuckles that come from the trio behind poor Mountain. "I apologize ma'ma." Mountain says rushing to his drum set. "It's okay, you're cute." Heather says. "Heather!" Matty says in disbelief. She laughs and everyone gets up to grab our instruments. Sitting back down in our spots. "Okay, we start with a warm up!" Papa says and everyone begins from their seats. We go through the basics and the line up of songs we are playing. As Papa names them off Heather has her hand over her mouth for half of them. "Um .. I'll write it down too." He says seeing the look Heather is giving all of us. "I love that woman." Cirrus says from beside me. "I love her too." I whisper back. When we practice for hours, Matty takes Heather to get something to eat while half way through after she starts praying for our souls. I smile loving the women when they leave. "I kinda feel bad for playing out songs in front of her. She's such a nice innocent lady." Rain says when we finish practice. "It's okay. She loves it and she knows it. She will pray for us later." I say smiling. "Should I tell you what she said last night?" Sodo says and I start laughing. "What? What did she say? Vesta! Stop laughing!" Rain says hitting my leg. "Let, let me!" I say laughing. "Someone tell me!" Rain says. "I'm kinda curious too." Says Cumulus. "She said, "I'd like to get some of that Sweden ass while I'm here."" I say, and Rain puts his hand over his mouth trying to not smile. "We should keep around longer!" Cirrus says. "Women's been like my mother my whole life, and never has she said anything like that. I think being here has been a bad influence." I say smiling. "Oh hush girl. Being here has been good for me." Heather says smiling walking back in with Matty. "I have a request." She says again. "Yes my dear?" Papa says. "I want to hear my girl sing." She says looking at me. Everyone's head turns to me. And I freeze. "Well my dear. Your mamma has spoken." Papa says waving me to the mic. I get up and taking my guitar with me. "What would you like to hear?" I say smiling. "That one Taylor Swift song I like." she says and I smile shaking my head. "Yes ma'am." I say and start playing 'Love Story'. As I sing I can feel everyone's eyes on me and so I close mine. I open my eyes for a second and my eyes connect with Sodo's, I have to force myself to close my eyes again. When I finish the song everyone stays silent but Heather. "Thank you my dear." She says smiling.