13

⚠️TW⚠️
ASSAULT

Its been a year since the show in Sweden. Jax is still living with Sodo, they havn't kissed since that night. Instead they share intense staring contests and are very flirty with each other.

We are currently singing and dancing to "I'm still Standing" Elton John waiting for Papa to show up. We are all catching a flight together to America for a tour. We should be in LA this time tomorrow.

My phone rings as the song ends and Sodo laughs and pauses the music so I could answer it. Probably just Matty or Heather checking up on me. I'm worried about going back to America. My father and mother have been trying to get a hold of me since we announced the tour.

Papa walks in as I press the green button to except the call and head into the kitchen.

"Hey Matty, what's up?" I say grabbing a handful of grapes out of the fridge. "Ves?" He says softly. It sounds like he's been crying. I basically throw the grapes to the counter and run up the stairs. "What happened, Mathew." Matty never cries. Even when they left Sweden to go home. Heather was a mess crying and Matty just reminded to call everyday and hugged me. Well new I wouldn't be seeing them until the next time I was in America.

"It's mom." He says sniffing. "What happened?" I say worried. My heart dropped. I didn't care much for the women but she still showed some caring for me. I was more worried about Mat. "Sh-she got," I can feel his heart ache. "Matty. Breath, it's okay." His breath stops and he scared me as he yelled. "No Katelyn it's not okay!" I freeze as my hand is on my door knob to close it. He has never called me Katelyn. Even when I still went by that name, it's always been Katie. He stopped the day I wanted to go by Jax. When I took the name Vesta it's always been Ves, or Vessy. I let out a shaky breath trying to control my anger and tears that threaten my eyes. "Matty." I say softly trying not to explode. "Shes dead Ves!" He cracks out and I can feel it as he breaks.

He's always loved our mother. He was her mammas boy. Our mother loved him the most. I could tell she loved him more then her daughters. Lily was always trying to fill that spot growing up but never could. She is definitely our fathers favorite though. I know she loves me in her own way, and I never made it easy. During screaming matches with my father she never raised her voice at either of us. Just took him back to there room or out so we could both cool off. She was a good women but chose our father and Matty over anything.

Sodo and Papa walks into my room slowly and takes seats on either side of me. Sodo on my left Papa on my right. "How?" I didn't think my voice would show any kinda remorse. Or that I would, but yet there it was. "Accident." He whispered out. I take a deep breath trying to compose myself. I didn't think it would hurt hearing she passed, but it did. "I-I'll be at the house tomorrow. Late." I said calmly. "No Ves, dad's here and it's a wreck. He's a wreck." He voice is now filled with worry. "I'll be there late tomorrow Mathew." I say more sternly. "I'm sorry..." He says and hangs up.

Papa rubs my back and asks me what's wrong. Sodo's hand is on my knee. I can hear their voices but only mumbles as I stand up and go to the bathroom locking it. I lean against the door and fall to the ground. I let a few tears fall down my face slowly. I sit there for a few minutes before I hear a knock at the door. "Hey, Ves. There's a beer and ur vape at the door love. We have to leave in an hour though" His voice was quiet and caring. I can hear Sodo go back down stairs as I lean my head against the door.

After about 30 minutes I get up and splash my face with cold water before opening the door. I pick up my vape and the beer, opening it. I tilt my head back drinking it and it's half gone as I reach the end of the stairs.

Sodo and Papa have all our bags by the door and stand there waiting for me. I quickly finish my beer and throw it away before joining them. "Are you okay mio cara?" Papa says. "My mother died." I say as I walk out the door with my suitcases.