~Chapter 2~ Update 12/30/19

{Briar's POV}

All of the packs began to arrive one by one and were checked off at the door by one of our soldiers. Thankfully it wasn't everyone from each pack joining us. A Beta and an Alpha from each one attended my party, if they were married or mated, they came as well. Once Cooper's parents arrived with his four year old sister, Ophelia, I checked the list to see who else we were missing. There were only four people left that hadn't shown yet: Alpha Cullen and his Beta from the Umbra Pack and Alpha Byrne and his Beta from the Misun Pack.

Ophelia reached her hand out to mine as a request for me to hold hers. Obliging to her request, she began by dragging me through the house, on some sort of mission. Finally realizing where she was taking me, Her eyes lit up when she saw the dessert table. Picking her up and placing her on my hip, I look around for the mysterious boy from the woods. Getting lost in my thoughts I figured I needed some kind of name for him - since I don't know who he is, I'll make up my own for now. But I wasn't sure what to call him.

"I knew I'd find you over here by the treats," My best friend Evie proclaimed. Evie and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. We originally hated each other, we would do everything and anything to avoid each other. But one day, we found something to bond over and we've been inseparable ever since.

"You act like this is a new discovery," I smile turning to face her.

She shrugs and snags a cookie. "So what's going on over here?" She asks as she hands Ophelia a cookie, Ophelia happily takes it off her hands. 

"I met this guy in the woods today-" she cuts me short.

"Wait...what?"

"Yeah you heard me, now quit interrupting" I side-eyed her. She held her hands up in defense and I continued. "I was out on a daily trip to my spot and we saw each other and he actually saved me from busting my ass. He said he was coming to this party, so I'm looking for him."

"Does he know you're the birthday girl?" She asked handing Ophelia another cookie.

"...No..." I said shyly.

"Why not?" she asked.

"I don't know, ugh. But I don't know his name. We didn't have time to exchange names since I was already running late for my own party." I exclaimed. Hearing Ophelia whine over my shoulder, I grabbed two more cookies for her to munch on. She took them, satisfying her for now.

"Girl, you can't run late for your OWN party. The party literally doesn't start until you walk in." Evie said shoving another cookie in her mouth.

"That's besides the point. Anyway, I need something to call him so when I see him I'm not just looking at you calling him 'Mysterious boy'," I mocked crossing my eyes, "so I need your creative brain," I continued to look around.

Straightening her outfit out, she smiled proudly. "Don't mind if I do," she began to look around with me. "What does he look like?" She asked me.

Vividly remembering what he looks like in my head, I gave a quick smile. "He's tall, at least 6 foot, with gorgeous dark chocolate skin and the sharpest jawline I've ever seen. He had a 5 o'clock shadow when I saw him but it was full so you know he'd look good with a beard. His teeth were porcelain white and pair that with his smile, he could make any dentist swoon. He has these thick lips and these deep brown eyes, You couldn't see where they stopped. His haircut was A1 with waves you could swim in. He had these diamond studs in followed by a gold cuban link chain. Oh, and his body, he wore this shirt that made his muscles pop and you'd think that he was about to burst out of that top in any minute...his broad shoulders and thick chest..." At this point I had slipped into another realm and Evie had to stop me before I went any further.