~Epilogue~

{Briar's POV}

It has officially been two months since the war when my sister, Flynn and Allison were killed. I'm still getting over the death of them, slowly but surely, even though my sister tried to kill me. Half the pack will glare at me, planning my murder too, for getting their Alpha killed and the other half greets me with open arms and a warm smile.

The name "Luna" is still trying to wedge itself into my brain but no matter how many times I tell them to call me Briar, my name, Chase runs up behind me and corrects me. He doesn't want anyone in the pack other than himself, Evie, Liam and his family calling me Briar. He thinks its disrespectful but I think it shows trust between them and myself.

I'm getting more used to the idea of having an Alpha for a mate so when he protects me at the most unnecessary times, it doesn't fade me. there was one time that he got sick so i made him stay home and legit all of the guys, wolf or not, hit on me that day. After hearing the wrath of Evie and I, they don't want anything to do with us, even Cooper and Jayden are frightened.

today was the day that I'd finally meet Chase's mom, Thanksgiving dinner. We were supposed to meet around when the war happened but because I was kidnapped and still recovering, she moved the date to tonight. So after school Chase drove me to the grocery store because I'm bringing his mom a little something to thank her for inviting us over and since it wouldn't be fair to show up at her house empty handed. and since it's the middle of November, I decided to bake a festive treat to get us in the mood: Pumpkin Pie. I got a hint from Levi that it was his and Chase's favorite dessert.

I ran inside and grabbed the ingredients I'd need for a home made pumpkin pie. My Nana showed me a few years ago how to make her special pumpkin pie and since she died a year after, I've had it mentally memorized so every year I can keep her spirit alive. After my basket was full with everything that I needed, I met with Chase up at the front of the store and walked into line with him to pay for it. Thanking the Cashier, we walked out to the car and loaded it before I snatched up the keys from my mate and slipped into the front seat. Adjusting it to fit my short figure, He hopped in the passenger seat and began to change the station. I looked over at him and smacked his hand.

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts it's cake hole." I calmly said as I switched the station back to listen to Panic! At The Disco's new song The Emperor's New Clothes. I sung along to it as I drove back to the pack house. We danced demonically to the song as we screamed the lyrics at each other.

Pulling in, I scooped up the bags and my back pack and continued inside. I slid the groceries on the island and ran up the stairs to our room so I could change out of my sweater dress and boots into compression pants and a tank top. slipping a head band on as I skipped down the stairs I turned my phone on and washed my hands. Chase had already grabbed all of the tools that I needed, which was very helpful.

"Can I help?" He asked.

"Of course, but once this goes in the oven you, my favorite person in the world, have to get ready to go to your moms for dinner. meaning a nice dress shirt and slacks, okay?" Quickly, he pulled me in for a kiss and I was the one who had to end the magical moment because we had four hours to get this done and you can rush pie. he nods as he goes to wash his hands.

I pulled out the ingredients from the bags and laid them across the counter and then setting the oven to the desired temperature. Step by step, I went through the recipe in my head and began measuring them into the bowls according to the instructions. I grabbed the hand mixer but Chase took it from me. I opened my mouth to protest but he placed his index finger over my lips and shook his head.

"don't say anything unless its the instructions on how to mix this." He smirked at me. Rolling my eyes I walked over to his right side and placed the mixer into the bowl and held his hand on top.