~Chapter 3~ Update 12/30/19

{Chase's POV}

The more I looked at her throughout the night, I finally realized where I've seen her before. She and I go to the same school but we're in different grades so we don't have any classes together. I smelt her briefly when I turned seventeen about a year and a half ago. I had no idea it was coming from her so I just ignored it, plus I was dating someone at the time. But now it all makes sense which makes me feel even more stupid for not catching it when Koda first smelt her.

I finally have found my mate and the only way she can identify me as her mate is in her wolf form, but it's too dangerous. We as werewolves are already in danger everytime we shift, but add being the strongest werewolf that has even been created into the mix, well you might as well never shift. In Briar's case, I think that is exactly what she may be told to do.

While everyone else was cowering in fear and shock, I stood in awe. Shocked and blessed that I was gifted with a mate so special and so powerful as Briar Stone. Not only was she beautiful in her human form but her wolf...no one else's could compare. Her wolf found my scent and began searching around for me. I refused to make myself known if she didn't find me herself, so I waited.

She finally caught on to all of the stares and whispers so she walked back under to shift and change. I turned to Flynn and helped him pick his jaw off the floor.

"Okay, what the actual fuck. I thought they were extinct!" He shared.

"Well," I chuckled, "apparently not." I smiled at him. His facial expression shifted to a look of confusion.

"Why are you so calm about this?"

"Mate." Was all I said. His eyes widened and he wiped his hands over his face trying to process what just happened and what I told him.

Still trying to calm him down, I looked back over at the stage to see what was going on. At that same moment, I see Briar sprinting off the stage and towards the front door.

"Briar! Wait!" I screamed reaching out for her. Flynn grabs my arm before I could run after her. I look in the crowd and see Briar's trio of friends. The two guys are holding the girl back. She was crying and screaming, clawing to get away from her friends.

"Evie, you can't! Give her some space right now!" The guy with light skin tried as she kept pulling.

"Ev, love, she's going to be okay!" The one with skin like mine promised.

"No! She needs me! Let me the fuck go! Let me..." and in that moment Evie's legs gave out and she collapsed to the ground. The guys caught her and held her in their arms as she sobbed. Briar's mom finally came down the stage and walked to Evie to calm her down. She took the guys' place and gave them instructions.

"Jayden," she pointed to the Light skin guy, "Go help Alpha Stone direct everyone to the back yard so we can start to get them calmed down." He nodded and joined Alpha Stone at the back door. "Cooper," she pointed to the chocolate skinned guy, "Take all of the children upstairs to the playroom and help Sienna get them situated. They won't be there long because we are going to give the parents their briefing and send back to their packs so when Briar is ready to come home she can." He nodded and did as he was told.

Unexpectedly, she looked over at me while rubbing Evie's back. Flynn still had my arm in his hand. She looked from me to Flynn and back to me. With one swift nod she gave Flynn the okay to let me go and in the same motion she shrugged her head at me to go after Briar.

"Thank you," she mouthed. I nodded and sprinted off to look for Briar.

Following her scent, it led me to the tree where I first met her. Looking down at the base of the tree, I see the heels she was wearing at the party. Looking up the tree, I see her silver hair blowing in the wind.