~Chapter 7~Updated 2/19/2020

{Briar's POV}

When the bell signaled the end of fifth period, Chase and I headed to our sixth period classes. Our hands grazed a few times, causing me to look away and cover my ears with my hair so he couldn't see the redness, but we didn't dare hold hands. I was getting enough glares because of my newest title. As much as I wanted to make the first move, I didn't.

I found Jayden on the way and he joined us, standing next to me. I forgot that I could now communicate with anyone in my pack through a mind link. I used my newest advantage to scowl Jay about his little smirk.

-Don't say a word-I looked at him and he continued to smirk.

-About what?- he waggled his eyebrows.

-Jayden, shut you and your little dirty mind up-

-Okay, I won't say anything.-

-Good.- I continued down the hall until I was "accidentally" bumped into, causing me to fall into Chase.

"Oh shit, Briar! I'm so sorry!" Jayden apologized. Too busy glaring at him, I didn't realize the way Chase was holding me.

He held my pint-sized hands in his gallon-sized ones, our fingers interlaced, my body pulled close to his. Blushing, I smiled up at him.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Oh, it's okay," he smiled. "Are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

Nodding, I slowly pulled my hands from his and straightened myself up. We continued to walk to class.

-Fuck you- I told Jayden, getting sick and tired of his occasional nudges and smirks.

-Aye, language young one.- He smirked my way. I kicked him in the shin, wiping the smile right off his face. Smiling, I walked through the door of my History class. I waved goodbye to chase and waited as he turned the corner. I sat in the very last seat in the back of the class with Jayden diagonal from me.

Pulling my legs up, crossing them, I slipped my headphones under my sweater and out the neck hole. I put one earbud in and wrapped the other around my opposite ear.

Around the third song, Mr. Brown called my name. Opening my eyes, I looked up at him. "Miss Stone, can you answer the question Miss Clarke failed to?" He asked me with so much confidence that I would fail in his tone, as he smiled at me. I paused my music and nodded. "Restate the Preamble, please."

Sitting up in my seat I cleared my throat. I began restating the preamble in a sing-song way, because that's how I learned it. When I finished I looked back up at him.

Mr. Brown gaped at me along with the rest of the class. Smiling at him, I began again, "If you choose to challenge me, don't give me a question that Allison couldn't answer. Give me one that would truly and honestly challenge me to the point that finding one will be challenging. I do all my work, correctly might I add, and I know this because I will look at someone else's paper who got the same questions that I got wrong, right. I don't understand why you decide to give me a D overall in this class nor do I care. But I would really appreciate more credit than I'm given Just because I listen to music in this class. Listening to music and doing my work, correctly, doesn't make it wrong." I nodded my head once I finished and turned my music back on.

Everyone still sat there gaping at me, and I smiled. I didn't feel that the fact I stood up to him was wrong because he deserved it. I'm a nice person until you decide to treat me like I'm mentally disabled because I'm small.

The class continued and I doodled in my book while the teacher finished the rest of the lecture.

------------------------------------