Chapter 4

I groan as the sun shone in my eyes. The yellow light glittered through my tinted windows. I roll over burying my head in my pillow to block out the blinding light. Mumbling complaint as I squeeze my eyes shut as tight as possible to try to slip back into a thoughtless slumber.

A light knock on the door finally mad me slip out my lovely, soft, warm bed. Groaning under my breath as I swung open the door. Face to face with a worker. "Alice, so lovely to see you. But may I ask why I have to be woken so early?" She giggled a little saying "ma'am I'm sorry I didn't wake you sooner but it's one in the afternoon,"

My eyes widened, shit. I would annoy dad even further; as much as I try to annoy him I don't want to annoy him this much. I was going to be late to meet with the last kingdoms joining us. I thank the girl and send her on her way. I couldn't be bothered I was already a failure to the family. 

A light knock sounded through my room. My plans of staying in bed foiled as I let out a cuss under my breath. I swung open the door trying to look as alive as you could half asleep. "Mum?" I ask in confusion as I stare at the gorgeous women. "Hi poppet, do you mind if I come in,".

She asked this while slipping into the room, no waiting for an answer of any kind. I just shrug, I watch as she sinks down into sitting on my bed, "you don't need to come down for lunch your father is already angry at your brother somehow," she mumbled in annoyance "how? Ranboo's like the golden child," I ask.

She just shrugs, if Ranboo is in trouble then god help me soul. Mothers right I shouldn't go down, not yet I didn't want to die just yet.  "But there is a ball this afternoon you must go to instead of tea, okay?" I nod as I slip back into bed. "Look your best okay, wear that lilac dress I got you the other day. It makes your patches look so nice," she mumbled tracing one of my white patches with her light finger, tickling my skin.

Father hated my patches, I should probably make them stand out. He usually made the maids cover them up with makeup for important events, as this one. I nod as mother slips out my room, leaving me alone in the room.

𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹

I stare into the mirror as maids work around me. I watch as they make my skin appear to glow, glitter and shine glamorously in the light of the void. Not one tried to cover my patches after I told them not to. I stare down at the purple dress that flowed around my waist.

The tight corset was sewn in flowers and roses. Even father was pleased with how smart I looked in the dress. Which was a first, he'd also never put so many maids into making sure I looked nice at a ball before. I suppose it must be important, seeking peace with all those kingdoms.

Although, I still have a feeling something isn't right. But the man was too stupid to plan anything gobsmacking or shocking, I mean the last smart idea he had was to redecorate a hall for a fancy event. He failed at that, so if He can't decorate one room I doubt he'll be planning anything too big.

I felt almost elegant in the lilac dress as I joined my family in the ballroom. I perhaps would have been if it weren't for the death glare I received from my father. It made me pull a disgusted face as I glance towards my mother who seemed very angry, well this was odd.

My father made his usual droning announcement to the crowd; my brain almost melted In boredom as he went on. He seemed almost gleeful as he welcomed the kingdoms to the end . The rest of my family appeared glum and sad, my grandma no where to be seen.

This was odd. Something was almost definitely up. My father sent us off on or way to dance or eat, or just to do general ball things. I slipped off into the crowd of talking, dancing and laughing people. You had spotted a certain ,very tall, man in a green suit with his signature mask. But you weren't looking for him.

You looking for a man? Never. I chuckle under my breath as I thought of the idea of me trying to find a suitable man. No I wanted to find his sister, the sassy queen you developed your attitude with as a child. You quickly spotted the girl sneering at the blond boy from before. She wore a tight dress, odd for a ball, she was extremely bold in the small black dress that ended mid thigh. she had knee high dark green socks and big jade boots on. The only elegant thing she wore was a little fluffy jacket.

She laughed at the boy, ruffling his hair in slight annoyance as she turned on her heels. When she caught sight of me a big grin emerged from under her matching white mask. She almost ran to me as she chuckled. I wrapped her in a quick hug as she says "I just threatened to stab dream with a fork," I pull back giving her a cautious look.

"What?" I inquire, she answered calmly "He said my dress wasn't lady like enough," I laugh at her facial expression of pure pride. "Maybe you should have stabbed him with the fork," I joke. Her eyes light up as she pulled out a metal fork. I laugh a little too loud as I push her hand back. I was surprised my father didn't glare at me from his thrown platform as he discussed with all the kings.

I glanced to Phil, he looked worried and doubtful. He glanced at me quickly, once realising I was looking he went pink and quickly turned his gaze to my father. Was he worried about me? Drister  must have had the same though as she mumbled "what was that about?".

I shrugged as it appeared we would find out.  "Hello everyone, I will not only trying to make piece with each and every one of your kingdoms with my gorgeous queen but," shit he was buttering up mum this was not going to be good "also finding my wonderful daughter a suitor, so she can have someone to look after her when I'm gone," he sounded like he loved me but I knew he didn't.

The news shattered in glass around me, or was that the wine glass I just broke. I felt my eyes widen at the blow, I felt the news rip through me. My lips fell as the knife lodged itself in my heart. My heart felt as though It had turned to dust. Tears burnt my eyes.

Dritsters hand on my shoulder, was too warm on my shoulder. I blinked the tears away forcing a smile on my lips. Everyone clapped around me, the sound was muffled. Everyone went back to what they where doing. This was my nightmare since I was little, and it was coming true.

Purple orbs flew around me peacefully. As my shattered heart picked itself up with a burning sensation. I felt sick to my stomach. A burning sensation travelling through me. Why would he do this to me? How could he dare to do this to me? How dare he?

My jaw slowly tightened as I excused myself. With no goodbye and definitely no fair wells. My hands gripped tightly on my skirts as the large doors slammed behind me. I knew where I was goin. 

Hi my little butterflies,
Seen as so many of us are on Easter break, woohoo finally a break! I was thinking I could post more, maybe every day or every over day. So please enjoy and give suggestions, I love seeing your thoughts and opinions (especially if they slander the farther)
I might post another chapter tonight seen as I'm enjoying this book so much. Have a lovely day and cause plenty of chaos,

Love pollen

Word count: 1400