Chapter 7

"Now may the ball continue," my father announced. I rolled my eyes at him. I pick up bean cradling him in my arms. He was my baby, I would protect him forever. I smile at the cute dog before deciding to meet some of my suitors family's and maybe find my mother amongst the crowd.

I keep thinking about that awful man who'd brought me a slave. How could he do that to another living being. It made me sick to my stomach as I prayed she was okay. I felt awful just two minutes ago I was coo'ing over a dog and what had she lived through.

As I look around for my mum I run into a little girl alone. I crouch down to say hi, she wore a little red dress with plenty of white ruffles underneath. She looked around 4. "Hello, who's this lovely princess?" I ask as I grin at the girl. "I'm princess Asteria of the nether," I grin at her, as she giggled.

"Well you certainly dressed right, I'm loving the dress. Do you think we could swap?" She giggled at this saying "noo my dress wouldn't fit you," I sigh as she giggled "oh what a shame, where's your mum? I'm sure she's looking for you," she shrugged as she patted bean in the head.

"This is bean, prince Technoblade gave him to me as a present," I tell the little girl. She smiles nodding and said "he told me he was giving him to a beautiful young lady. I thought he was lying but he wasn't," she slurred her words slightly as she basically smacked bean on the head.

He seemed just as excited to see her, as he greeted her with massive licks on her face. She giggled more, as I pick her up saying "right, let's try find your mum." I soon located her having a melt down at Technoblade. "A DOG REALLY!" She yelled in annoyance. I pull a face as I make my way over to her, she was about to yell more as I cleared my throat.

Her face fell before she turned to me with a smile. It was so fake it made my heart sting a little as the hurt in her eyes shone through. "I'm really sorry to bother, but I think Asteria must have wandered off." Panic flared in the woman's eyes as she took the young girl. "Ohh thank you so much darling, your such an angel," she said kissing the girls head.

"Also techno, thank you so much for the present, don't tell anyone else but yours is by far my favourite," I grin at him as 3 more people come up to the group. His dad, brother and sister in law. "Princess," his dad greets me with a small bow, I return it with a curtsy. He had the fullest and warmest smile I had seen in awhile.

"I'm so glad you two are getting along, techno has been alone for so long," the king said as he kissed his wife. They looked at each over with so much love it made my heart ache. I wish I were able to find love like that. Especially if it wasn't for my fathers command. "Believe it or not your mother and I where an arranged marriage,"

I glanced at the two in shock, but they where so.. so.. happy. Before I could choke anything out techno's sister in law walked me away. Her skin was a dark colour, her hair was curly in a big puffy way that made me want to reach out and touch it. Her hair looked like a cloud. I smile at her as her warm brown, Caramel eyes dater back into mine.

"So, be honest with me who has your eye for the moment?" She asked her hands clasped together. Staring into nothing as she blushed, she must be one that liked romance. I laugh saying "whichever one my father likes the least which has to be techno," I laugh. "True love! He's already let you call him techno. I had to warm up to him for about a year before he said I could call him that," she sings.

I went a little hot, no he couldn't have warmed up to me. I mean surely he only did it to be polite in front of my dad. "Ohh someone's blushing," her voice was sing song like as she spun me round. I laugh half heartedly "no it's only because he's my suitor. I'm sure he means nothing by it," I say this half heartedly as I smile sadly at her.

"You say that but the last person he could possible be marrying. he was stone cold to and told her she had to call him "prince Technoblade of the nether"," I laugh and say "well his mum probably made him," I mutter. There was no possible way he could like me. Right? I shrug the warm feeling in my stomach off as I got handed to no one other then.. techno himself.

Bean licked at his face, I was okay at dancing. But one handed waltz was not my strong suit. So I dragged him off the dance floor to the desert bit. "Sorry I despise dancing , would you be interested in your tour now??" Technoblade laughed as he said "maybe we could go to the gardens," I didn't need more then that to get out that stuffy hall.

Technoblade seemed to feel the same, he let out a loud sigh as we left the ballroom. We sat alone talking on a bench looking across the gardens in peace. We first disgusted the nether. It sounded so exciting, the exact opposite as the end "it's so hot you feel like your going to die," he deadpans as he stares into space surely missing home as he shivers slightly.

A maid brings out a few Champaign bottles and a bottle of whiskey. With two delicate glasses. I poured myself some Champaign as I watched techno take the cork out the whiskey with his teeth and gulp some down from the bottle. I watch his Adam's apple as he swallow. 

"So what's your family like?" He asks, genuine interest lingering in his eyes "well my mum grandma and brother I get along great with, they're are all so caring and loving." I grin as  memories flash before my eyes. "Your father?" I ditch my glass and gulp out my Champaign, hiccuping slightly as I explain.

"That dick, well he's always hated me because I stained the fact he got a gorgeous strong man. Ranboo and I are twins, I was the second born and my father was expecting another boy. He's never truly let that grudge go. Which ironic cause I'm more "manly" then Ranboo" I sigh slightly looking down.

Despite the fact I could feel the alcohol already doing circuit in my veins. I took another gulp, finishing the small bottle. I felt woozy and a little too confident as I grin at techno "what about your family?" He chuckled finishing off his whiskey with impressive speed. I winced just imagining the burn.

"Well my father is the kindest man ever, yet so feared. I've always wanted to be like him, the strong and mighty yet still loved. Then I used to get on with my brother before he went all lovey Dovey. Now all he talks about is how I should get a bride. But my little sister is so lovely she helps me look after the dogs," he gestured to bean who was sniffing around the garden happily yapping with one of the younger maids petting him.

"And your mum?" He just shrugged "she's amazing and I love her but... she wants the best for me but she worried to much. She's always going on about my violence and how much time I spend in my room. Or she's trying to get me a mate, anyone. She's tried maids, princesses commoners." I laugh at this thinking of my mum telling stories about my grandma.

then we discussed the stupid marriage. "I didn't even know until the announcement!" He looked at me shocked before laughing his head off. "I've know for weeks," he laughs harder as I place my hand on my chest in mock horror.

He placed his hand on my thigh, I sat next to him with crossed legs. I fought the blush that traveled up my neck and onto my cheeks as I laughed with him. "I mean it's my wedding, it's in about a week I have to decide who I'm marrying. then a couple days  after that I'm going to get married," I say.

Techno laughs saying "ohh well who are you thinking about?" He stops laughing looking me dead in the eye. I don't know if it was the empty Champaign bottles on the ground beside us but my heart seemed to stop as I look back at him. I glanced at his lips.

"Oh well," I trail off staring at techno. The alcohol in my system taking over as I leaned forwards. His lips still tasted off whiskey. His hands where so warm against my jaw and ears as he pulled me closer. As I pulled back I stared at him as he followed my lips. I stare at him and go in for another quick kiss.

Hallo my little gorgeous butterflies, I hoped you enjoyed the early kiss Scene. I didn't know wherever to keep it in or not because it's very early but I decided it added character. Also it is a longer chapter so I hope you enjoyed.

Love pollen

Word count: 1618