06 | Time of Death + Monstrous

AROUND THE LAPTOP, Stiles, Chris and I are watching the screen. We got roped into this plan of fake killing Scott in an attempt to catch The Benefactor. I wasn't fond of the plan since Scott is the only person I value, well, as a person. He's the equivalent to me of what Stiles is to Malia. Two traumatised, slightly sociopathic hot girls finding comfort in two freakishly moral guys. It scares me how good they are.

I watch as Chris types on the laptop. 'SCOTT MCCALL DEAD. PAYMENT REQUESTED.'

"That's your assassin speak?" Stiles questions beside Chris.

"I said he's dead. What more do you want?" Argent replies and I bite my lip to stop myself from smiling, amused by the duo.

"It was a litte dry. You could've said something like, 'Target has been neutralized. The crow flies at midnight.' That's always cool."

I let my lips curl up whilst rolling my eyes, "You do realise you aren't in one of those shitty, early 2000's hacker movies, right?"

Stiles looks offended and I snigger. We look back to the laptop at the sound of a beep.

'VISUAL CONFIRMATION IS REQUIRED.'

Stiles goes to type but stops, looking at Chris for permission. He actually lets him.

"Type this," Chris orders, telling Stiles what he should say.

'VISUAL CONFIRMATION ISN'T POSSIBLE. POLICE COMING TO CLAIM BODY IN FORTY MINUTES.'

'VISUAL CONFIRMATION IS REQUIRED FOR PAYMENT.'

"Somebody's stubborn." I mumble as Chris tells Stiles what to type again.

'NUMBER ONE ON THE LIST IS DEAD. I KILLED HIM. AND IF THE WIRE TRANSFER ISN'T COMPLETED IN FORTY MINUTES...'

Chris grabs the laptop from Stiles, annoyed by The Benefactor.

'I'M COMING AFTER YOU.'

👺

Chris and I are walking down the hospital hallway. Time is running out and we need this assassin to show.

I'm looking closely at every nook and cranny, alert and ready for anything.

My bow is slung around my shoulder along with the arrows, my belt of weapons on me as they always are, same with the ones in my boots.

Click

Immediately, my gun is out and safety is off, pointing in the direction I heard the gun.

We have a situation. Chris stares at me as I point my gun at him, whilst he has his gun pointed at Stiles.

The latter holds his hands up, "The power is out in the whole building. I lost the cameras."

"Stay with Scott." Argent orders, "Text us if you see or hear anything." Then he shows his watch. We have eighteen minutes left.

👺

I'm on babysitting Stiles duty. Chris left to scope the area and I'm protecting the boy beside me. My hands are on my bow, ready.

"C'mon, Argent. Pick up. Pick up." He stresses, calling Argent for the third time. I'm growing a little concerned myself, something must've happened. But I'm sure he can hold his own, right?

Wrong.

In comes flying Chris, the doors swinging open as he lands on his ass in front of us. An arrow is quick to be nocked at my bow.

Kate steps forward and I groan at the sight. Even if we're hunting her, she always has the worst timing possible. I'm pointing the bow towards her as Chris gets up.