Chapter 1: A Ruined Wedding and a Drawing of a Key

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

A heavy rain poured down on Port Royal, soaking anyone and everyone that had come for the event that was to take place today.

Elizabeth sat in the rain at the alter, flowers in her hands as a group of soldiers came up behind her. Will was in between two soldiers with his hands locked in chains.

Elizabeth immediately dropped her bouquet and rushed towards him. "Will. Why is this happening?"

"I don't know." Will replied honestly. He then took in her appearance and smiled a little. "You look beautiful." He told her.

Elizabeth smiled at his compliment. "I think it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding."

"Move! Let me through!" Governor Swann demanded.

Two soldiers crossed their spears in his path.

"How dare you! Stand your men down at once. Do you hear me?!" Governor Swann snapped.

The man in charge finally turned around and faced them. He was a short man with a white powdered wig, a black uniform and a large hat on his head.

"Governor Weatherby Swann, it's been far too long." The man greeted.

Governor Swann looked surprised to see him. "Cutler Beckett?"

"It's Lord now, actually." Beckett corrected.

The two soldiers removed their spears, allowing Governor Swann through.

"Lord or not, you have no reason and no authority to arrest this man." He argued.

"In fact, I do." Beckett replied smugly. "Mr. Mercer?"

An older looking man came up next to him and opened a book that contained several papers.

"The warrant for the arrest of one William Turner." Beckett handed the paper to Governor Swann.

Governor Swann looked at the letter, and his face contorted into shock and disbelief. "This warrant is for Elizabeth Swann."

"Is it? That's annoying. My mistake. Arrest her." Beckett ordered.

Two soldiers seized Elizabeth while Will struggled against his own guards.

"On what charges?!" Elizabeth asked.

"Aha. Here's the one for William Turner. And I have two more for a Mr. James Norrington, and a Miss (Y/n). Are they here?" Beckett held up two more papers.

"What are the charges?" Elizabeth demanded as she was put in chains.

"Commodore Norrington resigned his commission some months ago." Governor Swann said. "And (Y/n) has ran off with a pirate."

"I believe that wasn't the answer to the question I asked." Beckett drawled.

"Lord Beckett. In the category of unanswered questions..." Will interrupted.

"We are under the jurisdiction of the King's governor of Port Royal and you will tell us what we are charged with." Elizabeth snapped.