Chapter 6: The Flying Dutchman

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

The Black Pearl floated above the water in a storm. In the distance, was a ship that was nearly broken in half, and looked abandoned.

Will turned to Jack and Gibbs in disbelief.  "That's the Flying Dutchman?"

Jack shrugged and Gibbs nodded.

"She doesn't look like much." Will commented.

"Neither do you. Do not underestimate her." Jack warned him.

He subtly nudged Gibbs.

"Must have run afoul with the reef." Gibbs replied.

(Y/n) came up next to Will and looked at the broken boat. "So, what's your plan?"

"I row over, search the ship until I find Jack's bloody key." Will said.

"And what if there are crewmen aboard?"

"I cut down anyone in my path."

Jack nodded in approval. "I like it. Simple, easy to remember."

Will walked to the side of the ship and started climbing down into the long boat.

"Wait, are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" (Y/n) double checked, leaning over the railing.

Jack rushed over and pulled her away from the railing by her shoulders. "No, no! Not necessary love. I have no doubt that Mr. Turner will be fine all by his onesie, savvy?"

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes at Jack in slight suspicion, but he just gave her a smile in return.

"Don't worry (Y/n), I'll be fine." Will reassured her, as he stepped into the boat.

"Oi! If you do happen to get captured, just say Jack Sparrow sent you to settle his debt. Might save your life!" Jack called down to him.

Will nodded and began rowing away towards the Dutchman.

Jack turned to Gibbs. "Douse the lamps." He muttered.

Gibbs nodded, and he and the crew went around the ship blowing out all the lanterns.

(Y/n)'s suspicions were growing by the minute, and she approached Jack.

"Jack..."

He swiftly turned to her and gave her a charming smile. "Yes love?"

"What's going on?" She demanded.

"Nothing—."

"Don't lie to me, Sparrow!" She hissed.

Jack's smile fell and he began to look nervous.

"Is that really the Flying Dutchman?" (Y/n) interrogated.

Jack fidgeted in his spot. "Course it is."

Right after he said that, a large splash was heard behind her. (Y/n) narrowed her eyes at Jack and he gulped.