Chapter 3: The Search for Jack Sparrow

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Will marched down into the prison and found the cell Elizabeth was in.

"You can't be in here." A soldier said.

"I think you'll find he can." Governor Swann responded.

"Mr. Swann..."

"Governor Swann still." He corrected. "You think I wear this wig to keep my head warm?"

"Jack's compass? What does Beckett want with that?" Elizabeth asked after Will had finished explaining.

"Does it matter? I'm to find Jack and convince him to return to Port Royal. In exchange, the charges against us and (Y/n) will be dropped." Will explained.

"No. We must find our own avenue to secure your freedom." Governor Swann interrupted.

"Is that a lack of faith in Jack or in me?" Will asked.

"The fact that you would risk your life to save Sparrow's does not mean he would do the same for anyone else." Governor Swann argued. "Now, where's that dog with the keys?"

"You know, although Jack might not risk his life for you, he might do it for (Y/n)." Elizabeth told Will.

"(Y/n)?"

"The two of them are good friends. And Jack seems to like her almost as much as himself. If her life is on the line, it might make him more inclined to help you." She reasoned.

Will looked down in thought and nodded.

"Where will you find him?"

Will looked back up at her. "Tortuga. I'll start there and I won't stop searching till I find him. And then I intend to return here to marry you." Will promised.

Elizabeth giggled a bit. "Properly?"

"Eagerly, if you'll still have me."

"If it weren't for these bars, I'd have you already." Elizabeth whispered. "I'll wait for you."

"Keep a weather eye out in the horizon." Will whispered back. He then stood up and quickly exited the prison, intending to find Captain Jack Sparrow.

...

"Captain Jack Sparrow?" An old man scoffed. "Owes me four doubloons. Heard he was dead."

...

"Singapore. That's what I heard. Drunk with a smile on his face, and a girl on his arm. Sure as the tide, Jack Sparrow turned up in Singapore."

...

"Jack Sparrow?" Giselle asked, looking next to her at Scarlett.

"I haven't seen him in nearly a year." Scarlett said.

Giselle walked towards Will. "When you find him, will you give him a message?"

She then smacked Will across the face.

...

"Can't say about Jack Sparrow, but there's an island just south of the straits where I trade spice for delicious long pork." A man with dark skin said, as he sat on a crate on the dock where his ship was. "Cannot say about Jack, but you'll find a ship there. A ship with black sails."