Chapter 2: Time's Up

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Will was brought into Cutler Beckett's office by two soldiers.

"Lord Beckett, the prisoner as ordered, sir." One soldier announced.

Beckett gestured to Will's cuffs. "Those won't be necessary."

The soldiers unchained Will and left, leaving Will and Beckett alone.

"The East India Trading Company has need of your services. We wish for you to act as our agent in a business transaction with our mutual friend Captain Sparrow." Beckett revealed.

"More acquaintance than friend." Will corrected. "How do you know him?"

"We've had dealings in the past." Beckett walked over to his fireplace and picked up a poker that had a burning hot P at the end of it. "And we've each left our mark on the other."

"What mark did he leave on you?" Will asked.

Beckett didn't respond, and continued to talk about his deal. "By your efforts, Jack Sparrow was set free, along with the efforts of your little friend. I would like you to go to him and recover a certain property in his possession."

"Recover. At the point of a sword?" Will sneered.

"Bargain." Beckett corrected. He opened a box and pulled out some letters. "Letters of Marque. You will offer what amounts to a full pardon. Jack will be free, a privateer in the employ of England."

Will raised his eyebrows. "Somehow I doubt Jack will consider employment the same as being free."

Beckett scoffed. "Freedom. Jack Sparrow is a dying breed. The world is shrinking, the blank edges of the map filled in. Jack must find his place in the New World or perish. Not unlike you Mr. Turner. You, your fiancée, and your friend face the hangman's noose."

"So you get both Jack and the Black Pearl?" Will asked.

Beckett looked a bit confused. "The Black Pearl?"

"The property you want that he possesses."

"A ship? Hardly. The item in question is considerably smaller and for more valuable, something Sparrow keeps on his person at all times. A compass."

Will averted his eyes.

"Ah, you know it. Bring back that compass, or there's no deal." He threatened, and walked away.

...

(Y/n) was busy peering through a spyglass into the distance when Gibbs and Marty approached her.

"Uh, excuse me Miss (Y/n)." Marty nervously said.

(Y/n) turned to look at the two.

"Uh, we were just wondering if you knew why the Captain has been acting so strange...er."

(Y/n) gave him a shrug. "Sorry Marty. I only know as much as you do."

She turned to keep looking through her spyglass, but noticed that they were still standing there.

"Is there...something else?"