Chapter 4: Cage of Bones

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

The natives on the island were banging their drums and dancing in some sort of celebration. Two natives came up to Jack and placed a necklace with human toes on it around his neck.

"Thank you." Jack said awkwardly as they turned and left.

(Y/n) was still on Jack's lap, and wrinkled her nose in at the necklace. "That's disgusting." She mumbled.

Jack picked up one of the big toes on the necklace and went to put his mouth on it, but (Y/n) grabbed his hand and stopped him.

"Please don't."

...

"Why would he do this to us?" Will asked.

He had been taken to the rest of the crew, who were being kept in cages made of bones, and hung over a giant ravine.

"If Jack is the chief..."

"Aye, the Pelegostos made Jack their chief. But he only remains chief as long as he acts like a chief." Gibbs explained.

"So he had no choice. He's captive as much as the rest of us." Will realized.

"Worse, as it turns out. See the Pelegostos believe that Jack is a god in human form, and they believe that (Y/n) is his mortal lover. They intend to do Jack the honor of releasing him from his fleshy prison. They'll roast him, and eat him, and marry (Y/n) off to whoever becomes the new Chief."

Will's eyes widened. He was definitely not fond of the idea that his friend was going to be married off to a cannibal.

"Where's the rest of the crew?" Will asked.

Gibbs looked up at their cage. "These cages we're in weren't built til after we got here."

Will looked at the cage, and quickly removed his hand from the bones.

"The feast is about to begin. Jack's life will end when the drums stop, and (Y/n)'s new life will begin." Gibbs said grimly.

"Well, we can't just sit here and wait then, can we?" Will reasoned.

...

Jack watched as the Pelegostos put some sticks into a pile to make their fire. Then he stood up, and started waving his arms around.

"No, no! Oi! No! More wood! Big fire! I am Chief. Want big fire! Come on."

He then turned to the natives standing by his chair.

"Oi! A boogey snickle snickle. Tout suite. Come on. More wood." Jack ordered.

The two Pelegostos walked away from the throne and went to gather more wood. They threw a big log on the fire, and turned to see that Jack and (Y/n) were gone.

...

The two pirates ran across one of the bridges, and ended up on another section of the mountain where a few huts were. However, there wasn't anywhere else for them to go, except back the way they came, or down the side of the mountain.