Chapter 1

{Tay}

I walked down the sidewalk, my hood up and earbuds playing music to block out the rest of the world. I had just gotten off of work and was going to my friend, Cameron's, house. He had begged me to attend this party he was throwing and I reluctantly agreed. I had a full plate with school work and my job but, I decided it was good to get out and socialize every once in a while. Plus, free food.

It had been raining on and off all day, resulting in me being in a slightly grumpy mood because of my lack of a car. Fortunately, Cameron only lived about twenty minutes away from the restaurant I worked at, Panera. When I applied for the job I thought it was the best idea ever because I basically live off soup, I was unaware that I would eventually grow tired of that job though.

I finally arrived at Cameron's house, it wasn't a large party from the looks of it. When I got inside, I recognized a few people either Cameron had introduced me to or I'd seen on campus. The college I went to was kind of small so it was easy to recognize people. I was greeted by Cameron at the door and I talked to him for a few minutes. About half way through the conversation, I kept getting distracted by a girl talking to some guy in the back corner of the front room. She had mid-length blonde hair falling down her shoulders and she was nodding along to the guy talking.

"Tay? Are you even listening?" Cameron asked, snapping his fingers in front of me. I sighed and looked back over at him.

"Yeah, sorry. Who is that girl?" I nonchalantly pointed to the girl in the corner. Cameron glanced over to where I pointed and a smile formed on his lips.

"That's Jenna." He told me. I gestured for him to continue, I needed to know more about her. This Jenna girl was absolutely gorgeous.

"She's single, I met her a few weeks ago from Jordan and she's pretty nice. She's Australian by the way." He explained but it wasn't enough. I looked back over to her and she fortunately hadn't noticed me creepily staring at her yet.

"Is she straight?" I sighed and he shook his head, no. I mentally cheered and gave Cameron a high-five. I said bye to Cameron after a few minutes and headed to the kitchen. I got a coke because I wasn't feeling like drinking that night, and started munching on a bag of chips. A few other people were also in the room, talking about some movie coming out that I wasn't too interested in. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through tumblr.

"I saw you staring at me." I heard someone say behind me and I whipped around, nearly having a heart attack when I saw who it was. I set my phone down on the counter beside me and took a deep breath. The girl, Jenna stood in front of me, her arms crossed and a small smirk on her face.

"Shit, you scared me." I laughed nervously, feeling suddenly flustered. She looked slightly amused at my reaction, the smirk never leaving her lips.

"Why were you staring at me and pointing at me with Cameron?" She questioned me. I thought for a moment, the way I answered this was crucial.

"I saw you, thought you were extremely attractive, so I asked Cameron about you." I shrugged, trying to play it cool when internally I was screaming. She simply nodded and grabbed a handful of chips from the bag next to me.

"I mean, you're cute too but confidence is key. You should've just came and talked to me instead of watching me and getting the lowdown from Cameron." She said after finishing chewing.

"Are you really giving me tips on how to pick girls up?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Kind of... I'm Jenna but you probably already know that." She replied and took another handful of chips. Somehow, her ability to be so careless with shoving chips in her mouth made me like her more.

"Taylor, or Tay for short if you think that's easier." I informed her.

We ended up talking for most of the few hours I was there. I found out she was really funny and had a amazing taste in music. Random topics and strange memories were brought up between both of us and it felt like I was talking to someone I had known for years. The only downside was that I had an early shift tomorrow so I had to leave early. Jenna ended up giving me her number and vice versa.

I ended up getting a ride to my dorm with Alex and Jack, two of my favorite people in the world and some of my best friends, because it was late and I would rather not walk home at this hour. I thanked them and quickly went to my dorm. My roommate was this super nice girl, Lynn, who couldn't care less about what time I came home and how loud I was because she slept like a bear in hibernation.

I tossed my hoodie on the floor beside my bed and changed into a plain t-shirt and sweatpants before crawling into bed. Of course, I scrolled through tumblr for about half an hour before actually attempting to go to sleep. I went to set my phone down when I saw a unread text in the notifications.

tonight was fun, i hope to be seeing more of you - jenna

i'd be up to hanging out sometime but for now, goodnight - tay

I fell asleep that night with thoughts of a pretty, australian, blonde girl in the back of my mind and woke with thoughts of her. She was fresh in my mind for the next few days through text messages and three short phone calls. I had a feeling that this girl was going to be important.

...

yes, im aware that jenna no longer has blonde hair but for the first few chapters she will

this is my first girlxgirl so go easy on me

thanks for reading/voting/commenting ily