Chapter 6

{Tay}

"How long until you're here?" Jenna asked impatiently over the phone. Even though she knew I was coming she called me for the third time that night, asking me when I would be arriving at her apartment. This would be the first time I was seeing where she lived and I was slightly nervous about it. Jenna's roommate was throwing a party Jenna basically begged me to come.

"About ten minutes, do you think you can wait that long?" I joked and I heard her sigh. Jenna was being kind of clingy today and I think it was because she was on edge about tonight. Why was she on edge about tonight? I had no idea.

"Okay, okay! I'll see you soon." She replied and I said goodbye before hanging up. I checked google maps once more to make sure I was going the right way and then put my phone back in my coat pocket. Jenna didn't live very close so my feet kind of hurt from walking in the combat boots I had chosen to wear.

I finally reached the address Jenna had given me and it was a pretty average apartment building. Jenna had said she was on the fifth floor and that was enough to convince me to take the elevator. I haven't ever been a fan of elevators, I think I was just scared of them as a kid and I held on to the fear. This was the exception though because my feet hurt and I didn't want to walk up the stairs. I got to the door and only a few seconds passed after knocking did the door open. I was pulled inside by Jenna, there were quite a few people already here spread out around the front room. I wasn't able to get a good look of my surroundings due to Jenna dragging me down a hallway and into a room I was assuming was her bedroom.

"You're here and oh my god you look really good in that dress." Jenna complimented me and I smiled. Her room was very average, a bed was in the corner, some posters were hung on the walls, a desk and chair, and a closet was open in the other corner.

"Thanks and why did you need me to get here so quickly?" I asked. Jenna shrugged at first and offered to take my jacket. She set it down on her bed.

"I guess I missed you because I didn't get to see you at all this week." She admitted. My regular schedule at work had been changed this week and I ended up working more than usual in addition to homework. It resulted in us not having time to do anything together.

"Well, I'm here now and there is a party out there calling our names." I grinned and Jenna nodded in response. We walked out together and I scanned the faces of the people in the room, trying to figure out which one was Jenna's roommate. I had no idea what they looked like so I was completely using guess work here.

"Do you want to meet my roommate? She's right over there." Jenna said, pointing over to a girl in the corner surrounded by a three other girls and two boys. She had similar to a pixie haircut that was dyed blue and was only wearing a long black t-shirt.

"Yeah, sure." Jenna walked me through the crowd of people in the room, saying hello to a few of them. I didn't know or recognize any of the people here. We got to Jenna's roommate and I realized how pretty she was, I was slightly jealous of her.

"Ashley, this is my girlfriend who you have heard about a lot, Tay." Jenna introduced me and Ashley looked up at me.

"Hi Tay, I'm Ashley and Jenna is a very lucky girl." Ashley smirked and crossed her arms. One of the girls beside her giggled. I looked over to Jenna not sure how to respond only to see her smiling.

"Very funny Ashley, don't go getting any ideas." Jenna laughed. We were around Ashley and the few other people for about ten minutes and then I followed Jenna to the kitchen. She made herself a drink and offered to make me one. I agreed and we sat down at the stools along the counter and she held my left hand.

"Was I awkward? I think I was, I'm not good at meeting new people." I frowned and Jenna shook her head smiling. I'm always very awkward with meeting new people, I don't even know how I got Jenna to like me.

"You were fine and don't take Ashley's flirting too seriously, she does that with everyone."

...

About an hour and a half passed and Jenna and I had moved to her bedroom. She was rambling on about anything and everything but I enjoyed it. I loved learning more about who Jenna was and the things she's passionate about.

"Do you ever wish you were back in Australia?" I asked Jenna. She was leaned against the wall with her eyes closed. Jenna had been in this position since we had gotten to get bedroom. I had taken a seat at her desk but turned the chair to face her.

"Sometimes, but I wouldn't see you which is a downside of that." Jenna answered. I didn't think she would say anything like that. I liked that she would think of me.

I awed and got up from my chair, moving over to sit beside Jenna and kiss her on the cheek. She smiled and opened her eyes, then turned to look at me. She proceeded to kiss me on the lips and I could feel her smile while doing so.

"If you couldn't tell already tell, I really like you." Jenna mumbled into the kiss. It made me extremely happy to hear her say that. She pulled away, leaving me wanting more.

"You should just stay over for tonight, it's too late to walk home and toy shouldn't waste money getting a taxi." Jenna suggested and I easily agreed.

...

Sorry for taking so long with this update! I went camping with my family for a week and didn't finish the chapter before I left. I'll probably update again on Tuesday or Wednesday like usual though

Thanks for voting/commenting ily

(And Ashley is supposed to be Halsey if you didn't know)