Epilogue

{Tay}

I walked through the door of the cafe and saw Jenna sitting in a booth in the back. I walked to the table and when she saw me she stood up. I reached her and she immediately hugged me, I hugged her back. 

"It feels like forever since I last saw you." Jenna admitted with a sigh. I smiled and nodded and we both sat down across from each other.  It had to have been at least five months since we broke up. To me, it felt like it was just yesterday. 

"How are you?" She asked but before I could answer, a waitress comes up to our table and asks for our orders. I skimmed through the menu quickly while Jenna ordered something. I decided on some sandwich and ordered that once Jenna finished. 

"To answer your question from before, I'm doing really well." I told her. This meeting was not at all my idea, as much as I did like Jenna when we were in a relationship, I was over her. I had found someone new and had no intentions of getting back together with Jenna. I honestly had no idea why Jenna wanted to meet up. 

"That's good, I'm happy you're doing good." Jenna grinned and look into my eyes. I couldn't read what she was feeling, I didn't want to hurt Jenna. Because of her and Hayley, I knew what it felt like to get hurt and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

"Are you okay? Have things been going fine?" I questioned her. I was hoping for only good responses. 

"Um, yeah. I think I'm okay right now." She answered and took a sip of water. This wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for. 

"Can we just get to the point, what was the reason that you wanted to see me?" I clasped my hand together in my lap, waiting for a response. It took her a moment to gather her thoughts and I waited patiently for her. I used this time to think over how I felt about Jenna at the moment. I was no longer angry, more disappointing. I didn't want to hold a grudge against her but I didn't see us having any type of relationship in the future, whether it was friendship or more. 

"I'm going to be honest, I missed you and I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I know I hurt you and I wanted to apologize so we could be on good terms." She told me and I smiled at her accepting her apology. We talked for a while, sharing about how we were and interesting things that had happened. She was okay, I was okay, and that's all that mattered. 

The End

...

I feel absolutely terrible for making you guys wait like two months for this epilogue and for having it come out so shitty. Sorry.

ily