Chapter 12

{Tay}

I had to take the train to my parents house, fortunately I didn't end up having to sit next to anyone. I had my headphones on for most of the trip, that is until a song from the mix cd Jenna made me came on and I was almost crying. It was odd to me that I could go from hating her to missing her within a few days. I just couldn't trust her anymore, not after what she did. 

My parents picked me up from the train station and from the moment they didn't see Jenna with me, the questions started. I never got to telling them what had happened between us. I vaguely explained the situation and I think they were kind of relieved. I trudged inside of my old house and went straight to my old bedroom, I didn't think that talking about Jenna with my parents would upset me, I was wrong. 

I dropped my backpack and bag on the hardwood floor and flopped into my bed. I messed up the perfectly made bed sheets by crawling underneath them and covered my entire body with them, including my head. I thought that breaking up with Jenna was the right decision, I still think it is but I can't help but miss her and want her here. Tears slid down my face and I didn't bother wiping them away. What was the point if I knew I would be crying for a little while anyways?

After about half an hour, I cleaned myself up and walked out into the lounge where both my parents were watching a movie I didn't recognize. I sat down next to my Mom on the couch and she glanced at me, I wonder if she could tell I was just crying. 

"You know Taylor, I think the reason you can't keep relationships with these girls you've dated is because you need to find a man. Maybe if you just tried dating men again, you'd realize you were better off doing so from the start." My Mom said and smiled at me as though she weren't just being extremely homophobic. I looked at her in astonishment, did she really just say that to me? Was this really my Mom talking to me, or some bitchy stranger that I didn't know at all? 

"Excuse me?" I said, trying my best not to raise my voice. My Mom looked taken back, like she expected me to just agree with her. It felt like I was in high school again, right after Hayley exposed me. 

"Taylor, do not talk back to your mother, she's trying to send you in the right direction because she cares about you." My Dad scolded me as if I was the one who had said something wrong. What the hell?! 

"I can't believe this." I shook my head and got off the couch. I stormed out of the house, fortunately my phone and money was still in my pocket. I walked down the sidewalk of my hometown, it was almost seven and I walked to the closest bar that I knew how to get to. I hoped I wouldn't see anyone I recognized. 

I walked into the bar and ordered a drink, I sat at one of the bar stools. I was there for about a half hour before I heard the door open. I looked to see who had come in and almost fell off my chair when I saw who it was. Daisy. I quickly looked away from her, hoping she wouldn't notice me.

"Tay? Tay Jardine?!" I heard her say my name, forcing me to look at her. Here comes the questions. "What are you doing back? I thought you were in college." Daisy threw question after question at me and sat down beside me. Daisy was an ex of mine, we mutually ended our relationship just because we initially started it because she was on of the only other lesbians I knew and I was one of the only ones she knew. This resulted in us not having much in common and realizing that we should've stayed friends. It wasn't that I didn't like her, I just wasn't in the mood to talk right now. 

"I'm still in college, I'm just visiting my parents for the weekend." I explained. She nodded and ordered herself I drink. She was obviously getting comfortable and we were going to talk for a bit. 

"What's up with you, you seem upset." Daisy looked at me with concern, she could always read me well. I figured if I were to dump all my problems on someone, it should probably be someone I'll rarely ever see.

 I explained my entire situation to Daisy while she listened intently. Over the time I was telling her, I had ordered multiple drinks and I was now feeling the affects of the alcohol. My speech was slightly slurred and I was getting distracted and losing my train of thought more often than not. 

"I think you made the right decision, you just can't trust someone who doesn't value a relationship as much as their significant other, so much so that they cheat. She may have said it was unintentional but her mind knew the truth. I just don't think she knew her feelings." Daisy said and took another sip of her second drink. I nodded in agreement. She was right. 

"Daisy, you've definitely matured a lot from the girl I used to know you as." I let her know. She smiled at the comment. I had known Daisy for a while and she used to be so wild. She didn't like deep conversations and got bored with things easily. Daisy has seemed to have grown up so much. This was the first time in two years that I was seeing since I left for college. 

It felt like since we both hadn't seen each other and we've both grown, we had more in common. I don't know if in the back of my mind I wanted to get back at Jenna or if I was using Daisy as a rebound, but I leaned forward and said quietly, "Can I kiss you?"

Daisy grinned and mumbled a "yes" before I kissed her. She smiled against my lips and that made me want her more. This went on for a few minutes and Daisy was close to sitting in my lap. Was this the alcohol in my system that was making me do this or was it was just me? 

"Hey, lets go back to my place." Daisy said in between kisses and I eagerly agreed. We separated and  each paid for our drinks. I walked out beside Daisy with Jenna in a small corner in the back of my mind. 

...

So this is the last chapter and I'll have the epilogue up soon. 

I have a new Jardougall fic up and an Ereri fic if you're interested. 

Thanks for commenting/voting ily 

(Also, HAVE YOU HEARD MELANIE MARTINEZ'S NEW ALBUM ITS REALLY GOOD, I LISTENED TO IT WHILE WRITING THIS)