chapter 1

(Hyun Shik's POV)

I sighed and stared outside. It was raining heavily and the clouds were dark, just like what I'm feeling now.

As usual, I was sketching alone in my firm. No one comes around asking if they could buy my blueprint or work together. Ever since that accident, I've got no one to rely on. Even though I did, I don't wanna burden them. I've always worked alone, eaten dinner alone, and driven back home alone. It's just only me, myself, and I.

Some people ask me why I didn't go overseas. The thing is, working abroad and moving to another country isn't as easy as you think. It takes a lot of stuff to successfully move and get a job in a foreign country.

It was 7:00 p.m. and the rain has finally stopped. I grabbed my bag and left the firm to get dinner.

I simply went to a restaurant that was nearby the area. After eating, I drove back to my apartment. 

I sorted out my papers that has sketches and without sketches. I always mess them up when it comes to working.

I checked my emails and there was nothing inside it. I looked at the clock and it was 9:00 p.m. sharp. I turned on my computer and started the therapy session with my therapist Mr.Benson.

"Hi, Hyun Shik. It's been a while since we've communicated through video call. First things first, how are you lately?" Benson smiled at me. I know that he's trying to be more friendly during our session to reduce my nervousness.

"Pretty fine," I answered, but deep down inside I'm not that fine.

"Really? Your face doesn't say so. Any interesting stuff happening lately?"

I shook my head. I would have already been on the news if something interesting happened to me.

"Okay. So, how is your condition? Do you still have trouble sleeping at night?" Benson was concerned.

"Sorta, like twice a week. At least it's better than the previous weeks."

Benson smiled again, "That's good to hear. I hope you could reduce them to zero if that's possible."

We proceed to chat about things in life for the rest of the session. When it was 9:30 p.m., we bid goodbye and closed the video call. I heard from Benson that his wife gave birth to their second child and it's a girl, which they've longed for. I sent my regards to the child and his wife.

Seeing Benson being happy with his own family. I sometimes wonder if I have my own family, will I regain happiness from before?

...

It is Friday, which means I will be getting off work early than before. I grabbed my bag, locked the firm, and headed out for dinner early.

I headed to my favorite restaurant in town because that's my only safe place and I haven't been there in a while. It takes about 10 minutes to get there by car.

"Oh, hey! It's Hyun Shik! Long time no see, Have a seat." The owner greeted me.

I smiled and nodded. I ordered my favorites on the menu. Just then, the owner sat in front of me. It looks like he wanted to say something but he can't bring himself to.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this.

"Hyun Shik."

"Hm?"

"The thing is that...today is our last day opening this restaurant."

I froze.

"...Why?"

"We didn't have enough money to pay for the rent since the landlord keeps asking us to pay the rent. Plus, he said if we don't move out this instant, he would ruin everything in the store and will never let us open our business ever again."

I went silent.

This restaurant has been with me since childhood. I always went there to eat lunch after school. So basically the owner has watched me grow from a little boy to a mature grown-up.

And now it's closing.

"We're sorry, Hyun Shik." The owner bowed.

"No, it's fine. I get that kind of situation. It's just that I feel kinda shocked and sad." I forced a smile on my face.

After finishing my meals and bidding goodbye to the owner, I decided to stop by a bookstore that was nearby. I wanted to get some materials for work.

I went straight to the art supplies section and grabbed the materials I lacked and needed. I took a glance at the novel section and saw a novel that looks interesting, and it was from my favorite author.

Just as I went for the novel section. I accidentally knocked over someone.

"Ouch!"

I quickly stood up and held my hand out, "Are you okay? I'm so sorry!"

The woman who got knocked over met eyes with me and I was stunned by her appearance. 

Woah.

Is she an angel?

She was tall, and she had long brown hair and brown eyes. Judging by her outfit, I think she was a doctor.

And my heart was beating so fast for no reason.