chapter 18

(In Ra's POV)

I woke up and find myself in a hospital room. I tried to sit straight and look around my surroundings.

What is going on? What on earth happened?

"In Ra, you're awake!" Cha Yoon stepped inside along with Ji Ae, bringing something that looks like food. 

I gave a small smile as they walked in, but I was rather flabbergasted to find Ji Ae tagging along. Wasn't she always picking a fight and having grudges with me?

Ji Ae looked at another direction and greeted me, "Hey." 

That made me even confused, I turned to look at Cha Yoon. 

"Some things happened while you were unconscious." Cha Yoon slightly chuckled.

"One of that includes Chan Hyeong getting suspended for one month because of making a fuss outside the hospital." Ji Ae nodded along. 

"Chan Hyeong...got suspended?" I tried to get up but I failed. I sighed in disbelief, "Why would he do that?"

Cha Yoon looked at Ji Ae, "Oh, you know."

Ji Ae frowns at Cha Yoon, "What? He's the one who started that bullshit."

"Isn't it you who's the one that started the fight with him? You literally-"

"Sorry, In Ra. I'm going to have to talk with Cha Yoon about this, here's breakfast in the meantime. I hope you will like it." Ji Ae covers Cha Yoon's mouth and drags him outside. 

"Wait, Ji Ae-"

"Don't worry, the food isn't poisoned. I know that you watch a lot of those dramas about siblings putting poison in their siblings' food. I won't do such a thing even though I despise you," Ji Ae frowned and proceeds to drag Cha Yoon, "Oh, Hyun Shik's at work, he'll come during lunch hours." 

Cha Yoon shoved Ji Ae's hand from his mouth, "Ji Ae, I didn't know that you're such a-"

The door was shut closed with Ji Ae dragging Cha Yoon's arm, I looked at them and chuckled. 

Not long after, the doctors came to check my condition. They said that everything's okay and I can be discharged early from the hospital.

"You should get enough rest, In Ra. Don't force yourself to come to work if you still feel unwell," Cha Yoon advised before I got in the taxi, "I still got work, see you."

"Okay, good luck on work." I smiled as the taxi driver starting driving.

...

Once I went home, I heard a loud yell in the living room. I approached and found Chan Hyeong getting scolded by my mother.

"You're worthless! How could you cause such a ruckus with your sister at your dad's hospital? You're lucky the higher ups only gave you a one-month suspension, but at what cost?" 

"I'm sorry, mother." Chan Hyeong bowed his head and apologized. I sighed and went upstairs.

"You. Stop right there."

Just then, my mother called me. I looked at her, but my feet remained still. 

"I know about you and Hyun Shik's relationship, no need to hide it from me. Now you're going to break up with that guy and go to a blind date later tonight, Mr. Cha would be the perfect guy for you compared to that architect. Cha Hyun Woo's a prosecutor and he's never dated anyone, he also has a diploma in Harvard University, furthermore we have a good relationship with his parents. Don't think about rejecting this beautiful offer, honey. It's for your own good."

My heart sank. 

How does she know about it? 

Why would I have to break up with Hyun Shik?

"Mother, I-"

"No, you're going to that blind date no matter what. Anyways, Hyun Woo has reserved a restaurant far from here, so you have to get ready earlier than the estimated time. You know what will happen if you don't go." 

After my mother went upstairs, my legs felt weak and I nearly fell to the ground. 

"In Ra, you're not really going to go to that blind date, right?" Chan Hyeong asked me but I shook my head. 

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it." I forced a smile towards Chan Hyeong, "I won't easily break up with him."

Dusk has fallen and I was told to prepare for my blind date by my mother's secretary. I tied up my hair to a bun and put on makeup that matches with my outfit, simple yet elegant. 

"Here." Chan Hyeong handed me a new phone, "I'll distract Hyun Shik tonight, use this phone just in case Cha Hyun Woo wishes to keep in contact with you. You don't want him to find out you have a boyfriend and call off this blind date and mother finds out, right?" 

I nodded and headed in the car, "I got it." 

"Everything will be fine, I assume." Chan Hyeong nodded.