chapter 9

(Hyun Shik's POV)

Weekend has arrived and I woke up early, I checked my luggage and bags for the final time and went out.

I was invited by the director of In Ra's department to go out on a local trip. I didn't intend to participate at first but In Ra and Cha Yoon insisted me to go.

I arrived at the hospital on time and there were some doctors standing in front of the entrance. I only recognize some of them from the hospital.

"Hyun Shik! Over here!" In Ra jumped and waved at me. I smiled and walked towards her direction.

As I walked pass some of In Ra's colleagues, I felt that their gaze was locked on me. They were also whispering a lot of things regarding me and In Ra. 

"He's so handsome in person!"

"In Ra must be very lucky to have a boyfriend like him."

"Wait, isn't that the famous architect back then?! You know, Kim Hyun Shik!"

"I'm so glad you came!" In Ra exclaimed, "This trip will be 2 days and 1 night long in Jeju Island for your information."

"That sounds awesome," I chuckled. I looked around to find Chan Hyeong and Cha Yoon but he wasn't in the crowds, "Where's Chan Hyeong and Cha Yoon?"

"Surprise!" Just then, someone grabbed my shoulders and jumped from behind, I turned to look and found out it was Cha Yoon.

"You scared me there." I turned to face him and chuckled.

"Hehe, I'm sorry. It's just that I feel so excited for this trip!" Cha Yoon then playfully stuck out his tongue, "By the way, Chan Hyeong is over there...struggling."

We looked towards the direction where Cha Yoon was pointing at, then we found Chan Hyeong carrying his suitcase and bags tiredly while running towards us.

"Sorry, I slept late." Chan Hyeong felt tired after running, I helped him to grab his water bottle from his bag and he took big sips. 

"Is it because of your night shift last night?" In Ra curiously asks.

"Yeah, I got home around 12:30 a.m and slept at 2 a.m." Chan Hyeong then starts his usual grumbling, "The juniors went home early, so I had to do all this crap even though I had a trip to go today. This is so tiring."

"All right. Since everyone's here and the bus has arrived, let's go out and have some fun!" The director of the hospital smiled and everyone cheered.

After I got on the bus, I noticed that In Ra was sitting alone. I was about to sit next to her but then it was too late.

A girl that is around her twenties dashed and went up to In Ra asking if she could sit beside her. In Ra smiled and nodded and the girl cheered.

"She's Lee Chaeyeon, one of In Ra's juniors. She really admires In Ra and then they became friends later on." The young man who's in front of me explained.

"I see..."

"How about you sit beside me? Is that okay for you?" The young man smiled.

"...Sure." I hesitated at first but he seems nice, so I accepted and sat beside him on the bus.

The young man chuckled, "So what's your name? I don't think I've ever see you work in the hospital before..."

I responded, "I'm Kim Hyun Shik, I work as an architect."

"Oh, I see!" The young man then held out his hand, "I'm Park Gae Won, it's so nice to meet you!"

I smiled and we both shook hands.

"An architect, huh. That is an interesting job," Gae Won smiled, "Unlike us, we had to standby 24/7 and brace ourselves for emergencies...."

For some reason I got bad feelings from this guy now. I thought.

Luckily, Chan Hyeong gestured me to sit beside him. I apologized to Gae Won and sat beside Chan Hyeong.

"You looked uncomfortable there."

"Kinda, I got bad feelings from him just now. It feels like I'm suffocating." I whispered and awkwardly smiled.

"He's a nice guy, it's just that he could be menacing sometimes. Also, I heard that he has a crush on I-"

Before Chan Hyeong could continue his sentence, he quickly covered his mouth in shock.

"Hm?" I was puzzled by the sudden pause of his sentence.

"Nothing," Chan Hyeong smiled, "Oh right, we will be heading to Incheon Airport and fly to Jeju Island. Do you perhaps bring your passport with you?"

"Dude, I'm not a child. Of course I do." I chuckled.

"Thank goodness." Chan Hyeong let out a sigh.

After about 1 hour and 45 minutes, we have arrived at the airport. Chan Hyeong was worried that we'll lose our passports so he demanded to give our passports to him and he'll keep it safely. 

"Your brother gives off airport dad vibes." I chuckled.

"Yeah. Whenever the three of us went out for travelling overseas, Chan Hyeong would always be the airport dad in our sibling group. Haha!" In Ra laughed.

"Is it just your department who's going out or?" I asked.

"Hmm, there were around 5 to 6 people in each department that's going for this vacation too. For example the surgical department over there, you could see Cha Yoon and a few of his colleagues. Also the family medicine department, that's Park Gae Won and Jin Sunghee talking over there. By the way, Gae Won's in a different department before moving to family medicine, you know? He's in surgical like Cha Yoon." In Ra explained. 

"Oh..." I nodded.

After the director suggested all of us to stroll around for at least 20 minutes, Cha Yoon immediately went up to us.

"This sucks! We can't be together in the plane!" He whined.

"At least you got to be with us during break times, isn't it?" Chan Hyeong glared at him and we both chuckled.

"Yeah, I guess so." Cha Yoon smiled, "Say, let's go shopping at duty free shops!"

"Sure, I guess there's no problem with that. The only thing is that we weren't allowed to go to far places." In Ra gave it a thought, then she looks at Chan Hyeong. 

"Only if you don't overspend. You guys are only allowed to buy one or two items in duty free shops. That includes you, Hyun Shik."

"Sir yes sir!" The three of us saluted to Chan Hyeong and he can't help but laughed a bit. 

After 20 minutes of time, the director lets us sprint to the boarding gate.

"Who would knew my calculations go wrong?! We better catch up fast!" The director shouted as he ran.

"This will be your fault if we miss the plane." Chan Hyeong ran alongside with the director, he then caught up faster than the director.

We've finally caught up with the time and boarded on time. I sat with In Ra and Chan Hyeong and the three of us chatted about random things in our lives. 

After about 1 hour and 36 minutes of time, we're finally here.

At Jeju Island.