chapter 16

(FLASHBACK)

"Hyun Shik! Aren't you coming?" 

It was a very warm summer, cicadas were buzzing around the campus. I yawned as I followed my friends to grab lunch.

We've spent almost 16 hours completing an assignment the professor assigned. It was exhausting but none of us ever thought about giving up the assignment. At last, we've finally finished the assignment and handed it to the professor in the morning.

"Hey, one of the girls invited us over to play spin the bottle. It would be a waste if we don't attend since Na Eun Kyung's going to be there."

"Holy shit."

"Count me in!"

"Hyun Shik, how about you?" One of my friends, Jikyung nudged my arm. I was about to say no but someone butts in the conversation.

"Cmon. Even if Hyun Shik says no, we'll still drag him there. Hyun Shik and Eun Kyung are the campus's most shipped couple!"

I sighed in disbelief, "I'm not going to that stupid game party-"

"You're still coming, Kaden texted them our names and yours was including. Hard to push off the offer now." Jikyung smirked, "Come on, be daring before we graduate."

You've got to be kidding me. 

...

"Alright everyone, we'll be playing truth or dare with the bottle!" Kaden raises the bottle up and places it down. 

Jikyung scowls, "Truth or dare isn't fun, how about we do seven minutes in heaven?"

Everyone agreed but me. I frowned at Jikyung, I can't believe they're doing this. 

The game has started and everything goes well and normal. 

Until I got to spin the bottle.

"Na Eun Kyung, prepare yourself!" Jikyung chuckled and raised his beer bottle. 

Eun Kyung, who's sitting next to one of her best friends Miley, smiled awkwardly. I glanced at her and I landed my gaze on the bottle. 

Anyone but Eun Kyung, please.

I spinned the bottle, as somewhat expected, it landed on Eun Kyung. 

I sighed. 

"Fate has decided to bring them together!" Kaden shouted and pointed to the closet, "Now, after you both."

Everyone started cheering, I noticed that Eun Kyung is slightly blushing as Miley keeps teasing her. 

I grabbed Eun Kyung's hand and leads her to the closet. 

Eun Kyung backed off, "Uh, if you don't want to do this, it's okay...I just wanted to do a confession before we graduate."

"Go on." I said coldly. 

"Actually, I liked you for a long time, Kim Hyun Shik. Every time you walk past our class, I feel a spark in my heart. You were so dazzling, and you were so kind." Eun Kyung blushed as she handed me a bag of cookies.

I stared at the bag of cookies, maybe I should actually shoot my shot. 

I pulled her to a kiss. We've made out for about 3 minutes and came out with our faces red.

Jikyung noticed how unusual I am, he nudged my shoulder and gave me a smile, "Hey, you two made out right?"

I nodded. 

Ever since that day, me and Eun Kyung are officially a couple. We went on various dates together, spent a night at my house and so on.

Things were going nice and well until one day.

All of a sudden, Eun Kyung's feelings died down. Whenever I went and surprise her, or gave her the treats she likes, she no longer responds to my actions again. 

I was suspicious of her sudden change of behavior towards me, I decided to stalk her one day and found out she was making out with Jikyung.

My best friend and lover betrayed me. 

I threw away all the gifts she gave me before and blocked all of her social media, I've decided not to care for this girl ever again. 

Kaden somehow knew all of this, but all he said to me that day shocked me even more. 

"Dude, Eun Kyung's been cheating on you from the start. Turns out she was toying with you and she went out with Jikyung instead. Moreover, that girl's a massive playgirl and a hardcore otaku. She's a very weird girl deep down and she's actually into dirty stuff."

I answered with a nod. I didn't expect her behavior is more than just cheating.

Later on, she spread false rumors about me, twisting and turning our story. She even accused that I was the one who cheated on her. 

That girl is no ordinary girl. 

After we've graduated, the story between us has finally put to an end. I don't feel any ounce of regret for cutting ties with her. 

She's a nobody to me now.