Prologue

David was a big businessman who owned half the places in Sunnyvale and some in Shadyside like the book store Fox worked in.

David was a really handsome man and no one really knew why he didn't have a wife or even a girlfriend nobody knew but David and it wasn't some big secret like everyone liked to think David just didn't really like the woman who tried to go out with him.

Which wasn't something most men in Sunnyvale dealt with but those men were the same man who didn't see the way their wifes looked at David or any other man who wasn't their husbands.

One day David had come by to make sure things were good. That's when he met Fox who was reading a murder mystery as she waited for customers.

"Hello Flower what's your name?." David said with his charming smile as he walked up to her and the nickname made her blush.

It wasn't like the time everyone else did because when he said with that smile of his it gave her butterflies.

"Hi Sir, my name is Fox." She told him as she sat up a little not wanting her boss to think she wasn't doing her job as he nodded leaning on the counter.

"Just call me David Fox." He said to her, making her give him a small sweet smile before he walked away to look around.

Fox went back to work but she couldn't help but take a look at him every once in a while and most of the time he was already looking at her.

After an hour David walked back over to her. "Things look good around here so keep up the good work." He said to her before giving her a card that had his name and number along with a pager number. "Call me when you're free." He tells her before walking away as she looks from the door to the card repeatedly.

And that's how things started between the two. It was just sex that wasn't something they did for a while even when she would sleep over at first it was just small dinner's in his mansion or they would just do normal couple things.

Even though they couldn't be open about what they were, they didn't care because they were happy.

Fox had told her sister and their friends Kate and Simon but sadly at the time she got in a relationship was around the same time Deena's secret girlfriend Sam moved to Sunnyvale which ended with Deena breaking up with her.

Even though Fox had a job and was sneaking around with David she still made time for Josh and Deena and her friends Kate and Simon.