The end of bliss.

Chapter nine

September rolled around far faster than I'd have liked it to. Me and Severus had slept together multiple times since the day he'd caught me listening to the Frozen soundtrack, we spent most of our days together.

Severus sat with me on the front step of my house, leaning against the door as Ezra rode around on his scooter outside. He held onto my hand, we weren't speaking, we were just enjoying the cool air of the evening.

He was leaving tomorrow, he squeezed my hand gently.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Esme?"

I looked at him, I thought he wasn't going to ask me. It had taken him the whole six weeks. I smile at him, nodding.

"Obviously, I've been bloody waiting for you to ask"

Severus laughed, shaking his head slightly. "Apologies, I didn't want to rush anything. In case you didn't want me in that sense"

I turned his chin towards me, leaning up and pecking his lips "Course I do, you stupid man. I don't want you to go"

He nods in agreement "I don't want to either, I want to stay here with you. I think this has been one of the best summers I've had in a very long time"

I smiled, he had that effect on me constantly. I was always grinning like an idiot around him, Ezra helpfully pointed this out at every available opportunity.

"Write to me, Severus"

"Everyday."

I grinned again, he was a man of his word and I knew I'd get a letter everyday if he said he would. I rested my head against his arm and he instinctively put it around me.

Me and Severus spent the night together, one last time before he left. I kissed him goodbye in the kitchen before he disapparated.

I felt as if I'd lost my sense of purpose when he was gone. I got the job at the ministry, Ezra was back in school so I didn't have to mind him everyday.

And Severus did write, he wrote to me everyday. I got a letter from him, a few weeks before October Half Term.

"Esme,

There's a feast at Hogwarts for Halloween, as you know. If possible, could you come up to the castle and stay a night? Ezra could stay at a friends, I can't get the time off and it would be lovely to see you.

With love,
Severus"

I read it and immediately grabbed a pen and paper, scribbling him a response to tell him I could come whilst fixing a sleepover for Ezra. My heart was pounding, I was going to see him again. I was desperate to hold him in my arms, desperate to feel his presence in the beside me in bed.

Ezra complied with the idea of a sleepover, thank god, I packed his clothes and some stuff he'd want and sent him off to his friends house, making myself a cup of tea before i packed my own clothes.

I put some nicer underwear in my bag, the first time we'd slept together I'd had incredibly boring grey and black underwear on. Since then, I'd been experimenting with different colours of lace, Severus responded best to the black and green - "obviously" he'd said "they're my house colours" -

Severus always kept a shirt on when we slept together, I didn't mind, but it would be nice if he took it off every once in a while. I supposed I'd just have to wait until he found his confidence.

I finished packing and put my jacket on, looking around before locking the front door and disapparating. Severus was waiting for me at the gates, wearing his black robes. It was odd to see him like that when I'd spent the summer admiring him in his jeans and jumpers.