❦Part 8: Movie Night ❦

I was convinced that I had entirely lost my mind. Sometimes I have those moments in my life where I can't help but find myself asking how the heck I found myself in a situation that this.

I genuinely believe that I simply just attract the most bizarre situations, because at that moment I was pacing back and forth in front of Chihiro's house because the last time we'd spoken she'd invited me to a movie night with her and her friends.

I was panicking simply just because last time I'd gotten to the inkling that we didn't really mesh all that well and that I really just didn't fit in with everyone. It was very difficult for me to bond with new people because my brain automatically convinced me that deep down, they don't really like me and that they're just pretending.

I then started to wonder, would it be too late for me to turn my back and just go home? Maybe there would still be time for me to— I didn't even get a chance to finish my panicked thoughts when the door suddenly swung open and there stood Chihiro with her hair tied up in a messy bun wearingpyjamas, "what are you doing just standing outside silly?" She wondered, grabbing me by the arm and yanking me inside. "Come in, everybody's waiting!"

Chihiro's apartment was just as bright and colourful as she was, she had multicolour pillows on the couch, her kitchen was pink and white, and her fridge was a bright coral. Natsuki was seated on the counter playing cards with Bemo who was so clearly losing it was kind of funny.

"Hey, Genesis!" Xolani called out, "we're so glad you came."

"Oh here comes the myth and the legend." Bemo greeted waving at me. "I'm currently dominating Suki at patience."

"Never use the word dominating and my name in the same sentence ever again." Natsuki scolded, threatening him. "Hi."

"Well, I'm glad to be here," I told them, taking off my coat and leaving it on the hanger. "What movie are we watching tonight?"

"Well, that's all up to you actually," Xolani told me, and my mouth immediately ran dry.

"Wait what?" I gasped.

"Yeah what do you mean?" Natsuki grumbled, "it was my turn to choose the movie, Hiro chose last weekend!"

"It's called hospitality Suki get with the program." Bemo reminded her and she looked like she was ready to jump him.

"Yeah, let our guest choose first." Chihiro insisted.

"Oh it's fine she can totally choose, it is her turn after all!" I refuted waving my hands in the air in surrender.

"Oh, so you do have the capability to say useful things!" Natsuki marvelled sarcastically. "Great."

"Suki we will kick you out." Xolani warned, "what did we say about playing nice and not hurting people's feelings just for funsies?"

"We said that it's bad and not welcome here..." she muttered reminding herself.

"Exactly so what do humans say when they hurt people?" Chihiro prompted.

"Sorry." Natsuki smiled. "You can choose the movie."

"Uh, thanks I guess." I accepted then paused to think, "does it have to be a horror movie?"

"I mean just because it usually is doesn't mean that it always has to be," Xolani commented from his place on the couch, he was wearing pyjamas too and I realized then that everyone else was and I just didn't get the memo.

Damn it. I should've brought my Cinderella footypyjamas.

"You're putting too much power in my hands here I fear," I warned them with a menacing smile.