❦Part 9: For Now, We Eat❦

I somehow managed to power through my final class of the day which was math and Lord knows how I feel about that subject. Rain showed up to class pretty late that day, and he looked tired but then again who wasn't in university? Everyone was a walking corpse except for the fact that maybe he was in a more...serious manner.

Math, It drained me beyond all possible expression and I just needed to get back to my dorm and take a nap. My dad begged me to stay back at home just a little while longer but the whole point of being in university was exercising your independence and I wouldn't be able to do any of that with my father breathing down my neck.

Once the bell rang I groaned, stuffing my notebook back into my satchel and doing the same with my calculator was well. Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Chihiro smiling brightly at me, it was the kind of smile that insinuated that she was getting ideas.
"What is it?" I asked her,

"We're going to get some coffee from Starbucks and then we're going to study at Natsuki's place, do you want to come?" She asked me and my breath caught in my throat.

Perhaps if she had said any other member from their friend group I would've agreed, but Natsuki quite literally despised my existence and I doubted she wanted me at her place. I was terrified that if I went to her house she would feed me a hearty dinner and then toss me into a giant cauldron. So yeah, I would most definitely be passing out on this one.

"Sorry, I'm really tired and I wanted to go take a long nap." I disclosed and her face fell as if I'd let her down, but then she offered me a warm smile again.

"Oh, that's okay. I guess we can rain check?" She prompted,

"Yeah sure, maybe tomorrow?" I averted, noticing that Rain had been watching me from the corner of the room with an intense stare but that whenever I looked up at him he glanced away.

"Of course, make sure to get some rest, I'll see you later!" She waved goodbye, proceeding to leave the room with Natsuki hand in hand. Sometimes I wondered how they were even friends, they were polar opposites. I mean Chihiro was all rainbows, sunshine and compromise and Natsuki was....well, whatever that was.

Just as I was about to leave the room I watched as Rain got up as well, he was following me down the hall until we were outside and he cornered me by the stone walls of the entrance.
"Um...good morning to you too I guess?" I lingered sarcastically wondering what the hell had gotten into him all of a sudden.

"Don't play ignorant." He warned and I glanced around us to look for whoever he was talking to right now.

"I will be one hundred percent honest with you right now, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, nor do I have any idea what's gotten into you." I assured him, but he still didn't seem convinced.

"I know that you saw, I know that you know." He told me, staring down at me with his cold grey eyes.

"And what exactly am I supposed to know?" I wondered, but then my mind wandered back to what I'd seen last night at the hospital...the blinding white lights, the conversation with his parents and the needle that was right there in his neck. "Oh..."

"Listen I don't know what you think you heard or saw,  but you wouldn't understand so just forget it and don't tell anyone." He demanded and my mouth ran dry.

"That's what you're worried about?" I realised.

"You cannot tell anyone." He warned me once more and I shook my head silently.

"Is that the kind of person you think I am?" I scoffed pushing him away slightly so he took a step back. "Wow, see you never hurricane."

But just as I began to walk away he grabbed ahold of my hand, "wait!" He asked and I turned around to face him, "please."